New Auto down payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
    There are two locations in the Dallas area, one in Plano and other in Frisco. Link below shows locations
    https://www.rbfcu.org/BranchMaps/bra...&currentPage=1

Plano - 1801 Dallas Prkwy next to Cosco
    Frisco - 4040 Preston Rd. in front of Acedemy

Cant beat 1.65%!!

FYI - They are all over SA, and Austin and they want to expand a lot in the Dallas area
    Sweet, not sure if those were there when I did my refinance but it was all email and a fax. Simple as could be.

Comment

The only thing keeping car sales afloat is the state of the lending markets. Subprime auto loans are all the rage and it isn't just investment funds that buy into them. This all goes to shit when rates come up, just like housing.
      Last edited by Broncojohnny; 10-01-2014, 09:10 PM.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Last down payment I did was 10k

Comment

Just put $0 down and start a gofundme page. Free truck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
            Just put $0 down and start a gofundme page. Free truck!!
            Union Commie

Comment

Don't even think about putting a large cash down payment at a dealer. They will absorb as much of that down as they can. I see that shit all day long. My advice would be to put a few thousand down, be aware of what you're financing. Lenders *sometimes* gauge rates off LTV, but not always. Your rate is usually a derivative of the collateral, your score, and the term. Large cash down payments are hugeee windows for dealer to take advantage of you. I will not name any dealers, but I received an app from them today on a 25,000 vehicle, customer put down 7k, financing 26500. Gotta love it. If you're doing your own draft, and financing through your bank, make sure you mention the down payment to them, don't tell the dealer. A lot of guys have too much pride and are overconfident not really knowing what the vehicle they're buying is worth, and end up getting screwed. Every guy you talk to will tell you how great of a deal they got. I see it from the other side of the windows and I can tell you that is rarely the case. Be cautious and do your homework.
              Last edited by CJ; 10-01-2014, 09:53 PM.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                The only thing keeping car sales afloat is the state of the lending markets. Subprime auto loans are all the rage and it isn't just investment funds that buy into them. This all goes to shit when rates come up, just like housing.
                They are very difficult to manage portfolios that takes a lot of experience. The room for error is very small, and by the time you realized you fucked up, you usually can't pull out, losses increase, can't securitize, credit line gets bumped, destroys bottom line, tank. I've been through that 3 times with 3 different companies. It's always the same thing. If managed correctly, they have good returns.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  And the 10 Yr printed a 2.3 handle today. We think low rates are here for a while.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    Don't even think about putting a large cash down payment at a dealer. They will absorb as much of that down as they can. I see that shit all day long. My advice would be to put a few thousand down, be aware of what you're financing. Lenders *sometimes* gauge rates off LTV, but not always. Your rate is usually a derivative of the collateral, your score, and the term. Large cash down payments are hugeee windows for dealer to take advantage of you. I will not name any dealers, but I received an app from them today on a 25,000 vehicle, customer put down 7k, financing 26500. Gotta love it. If you're doing your own draft, and financing through your bank, make sure you mention the down payment to them, don't tell the dealer. A lot of guys have too much pride and are overconfident not really knowing what the vehicle they're buying is worth, and end up getting screwed. Every guy you talk to will tell you how great of a deal they got. I see it from the other side of the windows and I can tell you that is rarely the case. Be cautious and do your homework.
                    If you read before you sign, this isnt a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      Absolutely do your homework!
                      To me, the most important numbers are what the car is actually worth vs purchase price. Last brand new car I purchased I went on edmunds.com and they have a function where you can send out an email and it's forwarded to multiple dealerships. I told them exactly what car, color, model, options and so forth and also told them that I had a deal lined up for invoice price(which I had researched online and was merely just a bluff ) and if they can beat that deal, to call me, otherwise leave me alone. One dealership called and guess what...they told me they couldn’t beat my deal, but they would match it. I had shopped around locally from a few other dealerships and also looked up the current selling prices locally for the car and compared them to my offer. In the long run, I got a good deal, but only because I did my homework and refused to pay anything over what I knew the car was worth. I even had them order the car without the pin stripe that the dealerships love to charge you for and received my car straight off the truck(they got me on those darn floor mats and mud guards). They probably hated me as a buyer because I looked over every line item and even pulled out my own personal financing when speaking to their finance department, but to me I was just doing my due diligence.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                        If you read before you sign, this isnt a problem.
                        Truth, the finance dept. wants to get you in and out. Sign and drive, not me I read every single fucking paper in front of me before I sign. I also go in with a pre-approved lender and negotiate the price with the dealer before hand. THis ensures everything is in order and no "suprises" when your in finance. I also don't buy anything, rust protection, paint protection, VIN etching, GAP, lifetime oil changes, etc. I turn down all that shit and it makes them angry...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I did the lowest cash price with a higher APR (thru Ford Motor Credit) when i bought my new truck, then 3 months later just refi'd with my CU at a better rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            I also don't buy anything, rust protection, paint protection, VIN etching, GAP, lifetime oil changes, etc. I turn down all that shit and it makes them angry...

It amazes me that those shitheads always look at you openly like you just suffocated a baby when you turn all that shit down. I'm not sure if that profession draws people in who have a lack of control over their facial expressions or if it is simply another pressure technique.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              It amazes me that those shitheads always look at you openly like you just suffocated a baby when you turn all that shit down. I'm not sure if that profession draws people in who have a lack of control over their facial expressions or if it is simply another pressure technique.
                              They tried that shit on me all the time and the last time they tried it on my daughter. We had already done everything online, I couldn't stay for the finance part, I told her straight up, DON'T PAY FOR ANYTHING EXTRA! She's pretty smart (as you know ) I made her repeat it to me, she called me about 30 minute later and asked about doing the lifetime oil changes, four words came out of my mouth, WHAT DID I SAY! She just giggled and said OK, lol...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

InTouch CU is 1.99 up to 72 months....have my caddi and wifes 5.0 thru them.
                                Originally posted by Sgt Beavis
                                I don't always like lowered trucks, but when I do, it's because they really kick ass..

Comment

Working...
                                X