No announcement yet.

speeches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night out at Bronco lasted longer then i wanted. Two more day to get this speech ready.

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
      I dunno. There's benefit to having the speech written down, even if it is poorly delivered.

Agreed that it must be short.
      By all means, have some notes or an outline to refer to during your time in the spot light...

Just don't get up there and read it word for word off the page without ever looking up and making eye contact with your audience.

and another item: don't over use the word "amazing" which seems to be
      the favorite "go to" descriptive element in these speeches.

Good luck to the OP
      mardyn

Comment

So.... what happened? Did you deliver the speech?

mardyn

Comment

Went alot better then i thought. About a 3 minute speech. Almost had to come up with new stuff or remember something i wrote down. So busy friday and saturday morning i forgot to write down what i had saved on my computer at home. I do have video but sorry guy am not posting cause im not a post whore.

Comment

Make it a powerpoint presentation.
            Make sure you read it word for word.
            Put in lots of bullet points.

They'll be talking about it for years..

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
              By all means, have some notes or an outline to refer to during your time in the spot light...

Just don't get up there and read it word for word off the page without ever looking up and making eye contact with your audience.

and another item: don't over use the word "amazing" which seems to be
              the favorite "go to" descriptive element in these speeches.

Good luck to the OP
              mardyn

I actually did make eye contact looking up every so often

Comment

For the love of God, write your speech, then read it verbatim and record it, then share video here.

thanks

Comment

Start with a witty joke and end on a joke, done. Then start a conga line . Record please

Comment

I got asked yesterday to do another best man speech in April... Fucking wheeee.

Did one a few summers ago, had a great speech written then the father of the bride absolutely killed his, so I went into salvage mode and just told my joke and cheers'd the new couple.

Comment

Working...
                    X