plumbing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plumbing ?

So we just bought a fridge with a automated ice maker and water dispenser but we don't have a water line running to the back of the fridge, so what is the best way to get water back there and from where, do hall recommend going thru the ceiling or walls, and with what, copper pipe or that plastic pipe? Last question, where should I get it from? The water line going to the washer or sink? TIA

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

can you go through the base cabinets? That will be the cheapest.

Comment

^^^ this if they are cheap and you dont go all the way down run a line from where the sink is, a hole saw should run you about 10 bucks plus the line .

Comment

Mine just runs from the line that supplies the sink.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

They make a tap kit that screws down on your existing cold water side of your sink supply line It should come with everything you need to hook up to the refrigerator . It should come with a tap, around 10' or so of I believe 3/8" copper tubing and compression fittings and Ferrell with nuts.you just have to drill a hole in the bottom cabinets to feed it through.

Comment

Well my fridge is a cross from the sink

Comment

I'll try and make a layout of the house in a bit

Comment

buy a 50' roll of plastic 3/8" plastic tubing and run it through the ceiling. if your attic gets any traffic it may be wise to buy a 10 or 20' piece of PVC to use as a conduit in the attic to avoid scathing the pipe.

Comment

Just remember, a very small water line will make a hell of a large mess when it starts to leak! After 15 years of selling appliances, it happens a LOT more than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                    buy a 50' roll of plastic 3/8" plastic tubing and run it through the ceiling. if your attic gets any traffic it may be wise to buy a 10 or 20' piece of PVC to use as a conduit in the attic to avoid scathing the pipe.
                    I'm just worried about it freezing in the winter and busting in the ceiling

Comment

Or, a mouse chewing through the line.

Comment

you have no choice but to go up and over or under slab. if you use pex/sharkbite and insulate it you should be fine.
                        One day at a time.

Comment

this of course requires you to open the wall under the sink and behind the fridge. This is the correct way to do it.
                          One day at a time.

Comment

What do yall think about running the little hose in a pvc pipe and then adding some of that foam insulation when in the ceiling, is that overkill??

Comment

Working...
                            X