Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side effects of coming off pain killers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side effects of coming off pain killers?

So this is day two of no pain killers and wondering if I'm feeling side effects of that or not. Had been taking tramadol, hydrocodone and Oxy the last two weeks but stopped taking both Monday and sticking to advil, motrin, etc.

All day I've felt lethargic (had 8 hours of sleep last night) and like I'm in a fog, in addition to the normal pain. Is this just my body readjusting to life without pain killers or not? Anyone else come off heavy pain meds? What was it like?

You'll need a couple of sleep cycles to clear yourself up. I'd be more worried about bad headaches than anything else at this point with that short term of usage.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      You'll need a couple of sleep cycles to clear yourself up. I'd be more worried about bad headaches than anything else at this point with that short term of usage.
      Oh I've got those constantly the past two days, I've been taking 800mg of otc stuff to fight it.

Comment

Should wean yourself off of them to lessen the effects of withdrawal..

If taking 4 times a day, cut it back to 2, then 1, then none...All this over the course of a week or 2.
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
          Should wean yourself off of them to lessen the effects of withdrawal..

If taking 4 times a day, cut it back to 2, then 1, then none...All this over the course of a week or 2.

This as well, but I assumed he was out of them.

Told you that surgery could potentially kick your ass. lol

Comment

if you're already into day 2, just stick with it... as Eric said, a couple good nights of sleep and the worst will be well behind you
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Side effects? I had a former employee that started stealing from me, his family, and other employers. He signed over the rights to his kids to avoid child support and reportedly sucked dicks for more pills. Just watch your dosage.

Comment

Sheesh, I ain't at the dick sucking level.

I just realized this is my first week of not getting testosterone injections. I bet that has something to do with it.

Comment

If you are taking Test injections, you are more than likely taking Testosterone Cypionate, which is a pretty long ester. You would still have plenty of increased testosterone in your body at this point. What was your dosage?
                  Scott Ganow
                  Lone Star Performance
                  16300 Midway Rd
                  Addison, TX 75001
                  214-630-5006

Comment

2 weeks isnt that long. You should be fine unless you were going crazy with them.

Tramadol is a joke. The others can be addictive

Comment

Take Motrin for body aches, or Advil pm to relax and relieve body aches, take hot baths, vitamins, Imodium if you get the shits, and keep your mind occupied and even masturbate to release some endorphins.

It's the long acting Oxy(contin) that will make you the most opiate dependent... more so than the Hydrocodone.

There are more side effects than I care to remember.

They happen in this order when you begin to withdraw:

Watery eyes
                      Long, unsatisfying yawns
                      Runny nose
                      Dilated pupils
                      Diarrhea
                      Lethargy
                      Clumsiness
                      Retching up yellow foam
                      Skin feels like it's on fire
                      It hurts to think
                      Legs kick uncontrollably
                      Inability to sleep
                      More retching up yellow foam

But it only lasts a few days. Unfortunately in most cases, it's just easier to to more to not have to go through it than to stop.

But you'll be alright, two weeks on painkillers is easily overcome in a couple of days.

Comment

Ebola.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 00KBGT View Post
                          If you are taking Test injections, you are more than likely taking Testosterone Cypionate, which is a pretty long ester. You would still have plenty of increased testosterone in your body at this point. What was your dosage?
                          110. Last dosage taken on 9/15, so two weeks, not one like I thought.

Comment

I was taking 10mg of hydrocodone back in Augsut ever 4 hrs. The only thing i notice when i was getting off the pain killers was the first dump was a pusher. I did not know pain killers kept you from goin number two. But seriously. When i got off mine i dont know if it was a side affect or not. When i went to sleep i would wake up two after falling, also would sweat at night two. Having to lay and stay on your back aint easy.

Comment

A year after my foot surgery I was taking 4-5 pills every 3-4 hours and found myself gradully needing more and more. I finally slid my dresser in front of the bedroom door and sent the wife and kids to my parents and detoxed myself. After all I've ever went through, this was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I had cold sweats, freaky ass visions/dreams suicidal thoughts, the shakes that would put Michael J. Fox to shame so bad I broke 2 teeth. after 2 weeks in hell I was good to go with no phantom pains.

Comment

Working...
                              X