Fire Dept just left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Dept just left

Well, I had the fire department from Enloe and Cooper out here along with an ambulance and EMT just for little old me. I was out moving my trailer around when I noticed my pasture smoking. I took off out there and several hundred feet of pasture was on fire. I started stomping it out and decided that wasn't working so I sprinted back to the house for a shovel.

I did the beating the ground with a shovel thing for a few minutes and then darted back to the house twice for fire extinguishers. Those things did great for a bit but ran out quickly so I was back to beating the fire with a shovel. I'm guessing I blacked out a couple of times because I kind of found myself on the ground having a hard time breathing. Seems I inhaled a lot of smoke running around like a madman.

I finally called 911 and it took them 15 minutes to get out, the whole time I'm alternating between dry heaving and graying out and beating fire with a shovel. The nice guys came up, hosed everything down and took me back to the house. The EMT wanted to take me to the hospital because I was shaking and couldn't stand but I told them I was fine.

My diagnosis? Heat exhaustion, mild smoke inhalation and was shaking from adrenaline drop. I'm exhausted and a bit crispy but I thought yall would get a kick out of hearing my day.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Several hundred feet of fire and your first response was to stomp it out?

I stopped there. Wtf man

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

In honor of the forum....should have just peed on it.

Glad it did not get out of hand and get to the house!

Comment

Too far for a water hose I am assuming.

Comment

initial cause of fire?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Too far for a water hose I am assuming.
            FTP! Just beat hundreds of feet of field fire with a shovel, I'm sorry can't get over that, no hero card for that courageous act of dumbassery.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Should've let that guy with the tractor come and mow it down.

Comment

Oh way too far. It was about 3 acres away and I only have about 100 feet of hose. The initial cause of fire? I have no idea. I don't go out there so I'm guessing something started smouldering for some reason. They saw my shooting range and asked if I shot something and I told them I don't use tracers for risk of fire.

I don't know how it happened, I just know my reaction to things like this needs to stop being "attack head on." I've had to hit my inhaler a couple times and just feel worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                  Should've let that guy with the tractor come and mow it down.
                  Good memory but he is only out at the end of the mowing season when everyone is clearing things up for the winter. I checked a few weeks ago but he couldn't have gotten into this because my tractor wouldn't. It was up in trees and across a creek. I think what spurred me to call the fire department was when my cedar trees started catching.

Comment

You should have gone to the hospital... You need your carboxyhemoglobin level checked after that much smoke inhalation...

Comment

My partner and I had to evacuate an old couple trying to use a small water hose to put out a fully engulfed car, shed and field. Was tough to even see through all the smoke and the old man was just sitting there in a chair with a water hose. Luckily the fire department showed up as it got on the house.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                        My partner and I had to evacuate an old couple trying to use a small water hose to put out a fully engulfed car, shed and field. Was tough to even see through all the smoke and the old man was just sitting there in a chair with a water hose. Luckily the fire department showed up as it got on the house.
                        That is what I was trying to prevent. If it would have gotten away, it would have taken off across pastures and hit hay, sheds, my house, propane tanks, vehicles sitting in the fields. It'd have been bad so I did what I could do to initially try to stop it. When that failed and I realized continuing that action would probably kill me, I attempted to buy time until the FD arrived.

Comment

No pics of a Dr.Pepper can next to the flames for size reference?
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                          Originally posted by Denny
                          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

damn cigarette butts is my guess

Comment

I bet the government started that fire.

Comment

Working...
                              X