Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here play table tennis/ping pong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here play table tennis/ping pong?

My father-in-law is visiting from China for the next few months, and he really wants to play ping pong. I'm looking for a good place in the Frisco/McKinney/Plano area to go play. I found the Tom Muehlenbeck Center, which is a little further than I'd like to go and heard it gets quite crowded, and the Frisco Athletic Center which is stupid expensive if I just want to go play ping pong with him.

Aside from buying a table and setting it up somewhere in the house/garage, is there anywhere else you guys know to go?

Thanks in advance.

The Carpenter Rec Center in Plano used to have a few tables. Membership is dirt cheap if you are a Plano resident & not too much if you are not.
    Last edited by slow84lx; 09-21-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

I use to play all the time when I was a kid and was pretty good too! Not so sure I could even play a good game now
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      And while his kidney stones pass,
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. We went to the Tom Muehlenbeck Center in Plano. It's $6 per day per person, or $195 for a non-resident yearly membership. The Plano Table Tennis Club plays there on Sundays. Those guys are damn good. MY father-in-law got his ass beat and had a great time! It's not far from my house, but would be cool to find something even closer since he's Chinese, speaks no English, and thus can't drive around here by himself.

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

So do you or said wife speak Mandarin

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
              So do you or said wife speak Mandarin
              Wife is fluent in Mandarin, can speak quite a bit of Cantonese, and speaks her hometown Xiangtan, Hunan, dialect. I speak a select few phrases in Mandarin, and have a limited vocabulary. I'm learning, but it's difficult.

Why, do you speak it?

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              Yeah, we will probably get one eventually, but the problem is that I am no match for him, and if I don't want to play then he has nobody else to play with.

Comment

Beer pong

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                    Wife is fluent in Mandarin, can speak quite a bit of Cantonese, and speaks her hometown Xiangtan, Hunan, dialect. I speak a select few phrases in Mandarin, and have a limited vocabulary. I'm learning, but it's difficult.

Why, do you speak it?
                    Nah when you said her father was coming, just remember it is hard to learn, and CNN or fox news had a story today saying in China those that speak it actually has been dropping.

Comment

The billiard den in Richardson has two pingpong tables. I think it's free to play.
                      Vortex rear stand $75
                      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                      11 4 door
                      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                      X