Keep your battery receipts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep your battery receipts

I lost a cell in the battery for the black car. Its a wal-mart battery, and its got a big ass "three year free replacement" on the top.

They wont do shit, without a receipt. It maybe 4 years old, but they wont even pro-rate it for me. Bummer, because I cant really shell out the dough for a battery for a toy, right now. I thought they could get all the info from the battery by scanning it. I was wrong.
    The worst part about this, is I had to break my 5 month, "no wal-mart" streak, only to told to fuck off.

I like wal-mart car batteries too. I left my DD sitting for a 4 month, and an 8 month deployment. Both through the cold Colorado winter. All I did was disconnect the postive. Hooked it up when we got home, and I didnt even need a jump.

Being broke sucks.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

They CAN get the info, they just choose NOT to get it because they can make more money this way.

Comment

That's why you should have gone to Advance. If it has the sticker, we always take care of you. Our top of the line are pro rated for 84 months too! Just FYI.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
      There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
        They CAN get the info, they just choose NOT to get it because they can make more money this way.
        I specifically asked the grease monkey manager that. And he said "No, I cant do anything without a receipt"

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
        That's why you should have gone to Advance. If it has the sticker, we always take care of you. Our top of the line are pro rated for 84 months too! Just FYI.
        What's advance going to charge me for a a battery for a '79 malibu with a "350"
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Go to a different WalMart. There's a Wally World every 3.2 miles. I get new ones all the time without a receipt, I'm guessing the empires was just lazy.

Comment

I understand being broke, but did you say your battery is 4 years old, and they only offer a 3 year replacement?
            Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
              I lost a cell in the battery for the black car. Its a wal-mart battery, and its got a big ass "three year free replacement" on the top.

They wont do shit, without a receipt. It maybe 4 years old, but they wont even pro-rate it for me. Bummer, because I cant really shell out the dough for a battery for a toy, right now. I thought they could get all the info from the battery by scanning it. I was wrong.
              The worst part about this, is I had to break my 5 month, "no wal-mart" streak, only to told to fuck off.

I like wal-mart car batteries too. I left my DD sitting for a 4 month, and an 8 month deployment. Both through the cold Colorado winter. All I did was disconnect the postive. Hooked it up when we got home, and I didnt even need a jump.

Being broke sucks.
              Wal-Mart batteries used to have a sac on the side that you could keep your receipt in.

Comment

One of the pros to working in a shop and dealing with a great parts guy...pick up the phone, hey dude this battery is a POS, bring me another one, no questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  Wal-Mart batteries used to have a sac on the side that you could keep your receipt in.
                  I got no sac :/

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                  I understand being broke, but did you say your battery is 4 years old, and they only offer a 3 year replacement?
                  It could be up to 4 years old, yes. Of course, the date isnt on the top of the battery. They offer a 3 year free replacement. I maybe within that three years, I may not be. If its say, 4 years old, they would "pro-rate" it. Or, at least, that's what I believe.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Sears batteries require no reciept and usually they can find you in the system without a stupid ass reciept. I learned this when I bought my sons Lightning, it came with a O'rielys battery and it was the wrong one, it was only a year old but it had a bad cell, I took it there and recieved a bunch of bullshit, I went striaght to Sears and bought a Gold top (last summer), yesterday I told my son to go fire up the truck and warm it for a few minutes, it started right up after sitting in sub-freezing temps for a few days.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I got no sac :/
                      QOTD thread coming soon.

Comment

I specifically asked the grease monkey manager that. And he said "No, I cant do anything without a receipt"

What's advance going to charge me for a a battery for a '79 malibu with a "350"

Their job is not to tell you what you want to hear, or even to tell you the truth. Their job is to make the evil empire more money.

Comment

My batt died last night! Everstart my ass!
                          Originally posted by Da Prez
                          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I just switched out a wal-mart battery on the stang. It was out of warranty, but I still got like a $35 credit for the old battery. Someone was being a lazy fuck at your walmart.

Comment

Another vote for Autozone Duralast batteries. Those computers (and "redshirts") may be a pain in the ass, but I've yet to not have a warranty fulfilled because of a lost receipt.

Comment

Working...
                              X