No announcement yet.

buying property with delinquent taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive been too busy with work/picking up new car projects to pursue this. my aunt actually works for a title company so I'll have to ask her if she can get any info on the property for us. property is definitely not developed, it really is too small for anybody to build a house on.
    http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

and what I was considering doing was to just build a gravel road from the road to my house to park all of my vehicles until we get the title 100% in our name. then we can pave it and build my shop/man cave
      Last edited by tribaltalon; 10-16-2014, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        Whatever happened with this. Requesting an update. I have a piece of property that i want to buy as well in a similar manner.

Im sure everybodys heard the same thing i have; that you can just swoop in there and pay the unpaid taxes and its yours. This thread would seem to suggest thats not entirely true or not true at all. Any more info?
        I wouldn't assume that to be true at all, the city's gonna want as much money as they can get. I would think that they would claim the property themselves through forfeiture, and then sell to the highest bidder as a standard practice.

In this particular case there is a limited market for said property, but in most cases the land will be worth well more than the taxes owed to interested parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          I wouldn't assume that to be true at all, the city's gonna want as much money as they can get. I would think that they would claim the property themselves through forfeiture, and then sell to the highest bidder as a standard practice.

In this particular case there is a limited market for said property, but in most cases the land will be worth well more than the taxes owed to interested parties.
          Hence the sheriff's sale as I previously mentioned.
          Neighbor just purchased his home through this means from a lady who had to go into a retirement home and she hadn't paid RE taxes for 20 or so years.
          The home sold for $63k and probably lists now around $120k after his remodel.
          Taxes around here are approx $2500 yearly so the county made out pretty well.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the county only gets to keep the sale proceeds sufficient to satisfy their debt and expenses, and the rest has to go to the (former) property owner if they can be found.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              I'm pretty sure the county only gets to keep the sale proceeds sufficient to satisfy their debt and expenses, and the rest has to go to the (former) property owner if they can be found.

(d) The officer conducting a sale under Section 33.94 or 34.01 shall pay any excess proceeds after payment of all amounts due all participants in the sale as specified by Subsection (b) to the clerk of the court issuing the warrant or order of sale.(e) In this section, "taxes" includes a charge, fee, or expense that is expressly authorized by Section 32.06 or 32.065.

You are correct.
              Wonder how much those extra "expenses" and that "fee" amounts up to though.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u.../htm/TX.34.htm

(d) The officer conducting a sale under Section 33.94 or 34.01 shall pay any excess proceeds after payment of all amounts due all participants in the sale as specified by Subsection (b) to the clerk of the court issuing the warrant or order of sale.(e) In this section, "taxes" includes a charge, fee, or expense that is expressly authorized by Section 32.06 or 32.065.

You are correct.
                Wonder how much those extra "expenses" and that "fee" amounts up to though.
                I bet quite a bit. They include the cost of every line item. Advertisement, the required notice placed in the newspaper, lol, everything.

Comment

i think part of the reason why they havent sold the property is because you are not allowed to buy just one lot anymore in our neighborhood. So it looks like either somebody with a deed, me or the other home owner on the other side are the only ones who can get the property. God I hope the other home owner isnt interested, he has a fuckload of old subaru brats scattered all over his property. last thing i need is to see more of those turds even closer to my house

Comment

Working...
                  X