Resistance is Futile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    Everyone just gives this guy a pass, no one asks why all of the militarization.

when

became

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
      Everyone just gives this guy a pass, no one asks why all of the militarization.

Russ Martin?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        when

became

Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
          Obviously if they were 'walking up behind you" as you say, they are interfering with official duties. You highlighted my post, but the words were lost on you.
          I will quote it again. "They have the right to film police as long as it does not interfere with their official duties." I seems that you assume a lot...."How do I know your relative isn't in the car and you are not about to ambush me?" You don't, that is the nature of your job hazard. You chose the profession, not the citizen that constitutionally protected filming you do it.

Here is where the rubber meets the road, at what point does your job end and my right to film you start? Conversely, where does my right to film you end your right to protect yourself start?

I say both sides, activists and LEO's are guilty of pushing this envelope.

The increased militarization of law enforcement agencies across the nation is absurd. It has me concerned. I am all for "show of force" when needed, but cmone. The National Guard is used in times of civil crisis, not Southlake police for god sake. The elected leaders are out of their ever loving minds allowing this to continue. Sadly I feel it a trend that is very hard to reverse.
          What is fucked up is when the police departments in Texas have more MRAPS than the National Guard in Texas. That is horribly, horribly wrong.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

San Diego School Police Given Mine-Resistant Military Vehicle By Pentagon

By The Free Thought Project on September 11, 2014
            The militarization of police in the US is now even extending into school police departments, as San Diego Unified School District Police are to receive a Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle as part of the Federal Government’s program to hand down military equipment to domestic law enforcement.

Steve Watson | Infowars.com

MRAP

NBC San Diego reports that the School police department has been granted permission to take the military vehicle, worth $733,000 in taxpayer money. The MRAP was designed to be used in war zones such as Iraq and Afghanistan to protect troops from improvised explosive devices.

SDUSD Police Capt. Joseph Florentino stated that the department intends to use the MRAP as a “Victim Rescue Vehicle,” claiming that the move does not represent a militarization of policing.

“We recognize the public concern over perceived ‘militarization of law enforcement,’ but nothing could be further from the truth for School Police,” Florentino noted in a statement.

Citing the 1999 Columbine High School massacre, the police Captain argued that the vehicle is needed in case of a school shooting or other hostile event. Florentino suggested that in such an event, the MRAP would be used to transport paramedics into “warm/hot zones”, having the capability to literally drive through walls.

“It’ll be designed for us to get into any hostile situation and pull kids out,” said Florentino. “We can fit about a full elementary class into the back of vehicle.”

He also noted that the armored vehicle could be used to help firefighters or other law enforcement departments in emergencies.

This is certainly not an isolated incident as far as schools receiving military equipment under the Defense Department’s 1033 program, otherwise known as the Excess Property program.

Law enforcement units policing public schools in Texas have acquired tons of used military gear, including M16 rifles, armored vehicles and scores of “high capacity magazines,” all in alleged efforts to keep students safe.

Data released by the Pentagon in the wake of the recent uprising and huge police reaction in Ferguson, shows that the government has transferred nearly 80,000 rifles and 1,718 shotguns to counties throughout the US.

All in all, it is estimated that $5.1 billion worth of excess military gear has been transferred to domestic law enforcement agencies, and that doesn’t even include similar programs run by the Department of Homeland Security and the Justice Department.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              ^^^
              What not Denny? Its like your in the military while handing out speeding tickets.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              Awww come on, you get to play army man dress up!
              You guys are smoking from the same pole again, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                You guys are smoking from the same pole again, huh?
                Ok, you win, I'll say it. You can cross dress too if you want to.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                  Obviously if they were 'walking up behind you" as you say, they are interfering with official duties. You highlighted my post, but the words were lost on you.
                  To be honest when I quoted you and then made my statement it wasn't necessarily in direct reply to the quote, just a general observation and opinion on my part. My bad for not clarifying. Yes I have seen many instances were police crossed the line on the whole camera thing. I don't get it on a lot of them where people keep their distance. Like I stated before it doesn't bother me. Hell enough annoyance and I may walk over and ask the guy if he would just rather ride out and really observe what's going on, vs being a damn distraction. We are not fucking around out here, every traffic stop can turn into a bad situation. Just like I tell all my recruits, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                  X