Cops taze 8 year old girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
    This. Outsourcing your parenting is a great way to teach your kids responsibility doesn't matter.
    I see it completely differently. A parent can't be everywhere all the time.

Responsible adults showing authority teaches a kid respect. At least it did for me when I was getting my ass whooped by my uncle, my friend's dad, and the principal of my school. Which of course led to my parents getting in on the action at a later time.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
      Am I not still the one punishing them if I'm paying someone to do it? Aren't they at that point just an extension of my will?
      I'm through arguing with you. Pointless. Just differing opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

Responsible adults showing authority teaches a kid respect. At least it did for me when I was getting my ass whooped by my uncle, my friend's dad, and the principal of my school. Which of course led to my parents getting in on the action at a later time.
        Those days are long gone. Did they work for our generation? Yup. But I refuse to allow someone else physically punish my boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

I get that, and I agree with it, but I took his inference as wanting to pass the buck. I'm willing to be wrong.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            Welcome to 2010 forward. Hell it probably even started the slide way before that. We need to go back to corporal punishment. This time out stuff is fucking stupid. Kids need to understand that there will be consequences to their actions. When I was growing up my parents could tan my hide, my friends parents could tear up that ass, and my principle and coaches could absolutely make you think twice about having a smart mouth. Kids just do not give shit these days. Why not cuss out your teacher? Oh shit they are going to send me home to play Xbox.
            This, when I was a kid if I got popped at school I got popped at home. I told the principle if my kid smarted off to pop his bottom, they told me they don't do that anymore. I told her that was a damn shame, kids wouldn't smart off as much.

Its the pussification of America. Now in school if a kid hits your kid in the face and you kid fights back he gets in the same amount of trouble. What the fuck is that, now you are punished for defending yourself. I also told the principle that was bullshit. My kid got kicked in the nuts and proceeded to punch the kid in the mouth and he got in trouble. Such bullshit. Sorry I will end rant to get back on subject.

Comment

• Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
              This, when I was a kid if I got popped at school I got popped at home. I told the principle if my kid smarted off to pop his bottom, they told me they don't do that anymore. I told her that was a damn shame, kids wouldn't smart off as much.

Its the pussification of America. Now in school if a kid hits your kid in the face and you kid fights back he gets in the same amount of trouble. What the fuck is that, now you are punished for defending yourself. I also told the principle that was bullshit. My kid got kicked in the nuts and proceeded to punch the kid in the mouth and he got in trouble. Such bullshit. Sorry I will end rant to get back on subject.
              I told my kids teacher the same thing. The kids don't respect the teachers anymore because they have nothing to fear.

I also told my kids to not let someone bully and hit on them to avoid getting into trouble and that they should defend themselves when needed and worry about the cost later.

Comment

• Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                I told my kids teacher the same thing. The kids don't respect the teachers anymore because they have nothing to fear.

I also told my kids to not let someone bully and hit on them to avoid getting into trouble and that they should defend themselves when needed and worry about the cost later.
                Can't agree more. I have no problem with my kid getting in trouble defending himself. But he will get in trouble if he is trying to pick fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
                  Now in school if a kid hits your kid in the face and you kid fights back he gets in the same amount of trouble. What the fuck is that, now you are punished for defending yourself.

It's been that way since at least the 80's when I was in school. I never got in trouble for fighting at school with my parents, I just told them what happened, my dad would ask if I got any good shots in.

Comment

• Originally posted by smitty View Post
                    All it takes is one to distract and the other to take her down.
                    And that worked for us sometimes. Other times we were bitten or stabbed with whatever they had in their hand.

Comment

• Speaking of tasers and pathetic people that use them, are they trying to convince us that 5 (most likely muscular) deputies couldn't overpower an unarmed, frail, 5', 135lb preacher?

DENVER (AP) — Five Denver sheriff's deputies followed the rules when they used a sleeper hold and stun gun to restrain a homeless street preacher who died in the downtown jail, a defense attorney said Monday.

The comments by Denver attorney Thomas Rice came during opening statements in a federal civil trial involving the deputies accused of using excessive force in connection with the death of Marvin Booker.

This undated photo provided by the Denver Department of Safety shows Marvin Booker, a homeless Denver street preacher.AP: Denver Department of Safety

This undated photo provided by the Denver Department of Safety shows Marvin Booker, a homeless Denver street preacher.

The 5-foot, 135-pound inmate died in July 2010 after deputies subdued him in the booking area of the jail.

The trial comes amid calls for a federal investigation of the department over other abuse cases.

Sheriff Gary Wilson resigned in July as the city agreed to pay $3.3 million to settle another federal jail-abuse lawsuit by a former inmate over a jail beating.

Booker, 56, was cursing and refusing to follow orders, authorities have said. He was restrained by deputies who got on top of him, placed him in a sleeper hold, handcuffed him and shocked him with a stun gun.

Attorney Mari Newman, who is representing the family of Booker, countered in court that the force was a malicious overreaction to the inmate.

"The fact that he was frail makes it all the more outrageous," she said.

Denver's medical examiner said Booker died of cardiorespiratory arrest during restraint, and ruled his death a homicide. The report listed other factors in his death, including emphysema, an enlarged heart and recent cocaine use.

Rice said Booker's death was the result of his own poor choice to keep resisting deputies even as they tried to subdue him with increasing force.

"Mr. Booker made the decision to fight the officers, who never lost their temper and never lost control of their actions," he said. "All he had to do was stop, follow the rules and behave like all of the other inmates and we wouldn't be here."

Rice claimed an inmate in better health would have survived.

Prosecutors declined to charge the deputies, and department officials never disciplined them, saying it was reasonable for the deputies to believe he could harm someone and that force was necessary to restrain him.

Booker's family filed the federal suit seeking unspecified damages against the city and county of Denver as well as deputies Faun Gomez, James Grimes, Kyle Sharp and Kenneth Robinette and Sgt. Carrie Rodriguez.

In a rare move, the city last week accepted liability for Booker's death, which could prevent his family's attorneys from presenting evidence from other excessive force complaints.

Surveillance footage shows three officers wrestling Booker onto chairs then down to the floor before two others join the scuffle. One puts his arm around Booker's neck for about three minutes. Officials said at the time that a deputy warned Booker to stop resisting.

An autopsy report said deputies had their body weight on Booker's back for four minutes while he was face-down on the floor.

The video also shows deputies carrying Booker's limp body to an isolation cell after one of them stunned him for at least eight seconds.

Comment

Working...
                      X