Cops taze 8 year old girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops taze 8 year old girl

I'm surprised they didn't just drive through the house with an MRAP.

Two months after the tasering incident Hughes County State Attorney Wendy Kloeppner issued a report in which she states that no charges will be filed against the officer or the child, and that “she was satisfied with an independent investigation, deploying a taser was the best viable way to diffuse the situation.”

Pierre, S.D.- In October of 2013, four officers responded to a 911 call by a babysitter that an 8-year-old girl had a knife and was trying to cut herself. The family disputes the contention that the girl was cutting herself. According to the police report the dispatcher asked the sitter if there were any signs of blood to which she responded “no.”

What isn’t in dispute is that officers were on scene for less than two minutes before tasering the young girl.

Attorney for the family Dana Hanna said,

“The material facts are fairly undisputed, they walked in, they saw a child holding a small kitchen knife throwing a tantrum and they shot her with 50,000 volts of electricity with a weapon that put two hooks into her.”

As far as the sitters claim that the child was cutting herself he stated, “There was no cutting at all, this was a child throwing a tantrum.”

The family of the girl has gone on record that they don’t believe that reports accurately portray the situation and that the acts committed by the police were unwarranted and atrocious.

Two months after the tasering incident Hughes County State Attorney Wendy Kloeppner issued a report in which she states that no charges will be filed against the officer or the child, and that “she was satisfied with an independent investigation, deploying a taser was the best viable way to diffuse the situation.”

The child’s mother, Dawn Stenstrom, in an interview with ICTMN said, “Everybody knows my daughter, she is a very energetic and loves meeting people. She is a total sweetheart. She can talk your ear off, that is for sure. I just don’t understand why they say she was suicidal or why they just couldn’t have called me.”

Stenstrom went on to say,
    “I would think that would have been the first thing they would do is to give me a call and let me know what is going on because I could be the one to settle her down. Obviously they had my number because after they tasered her they called me.”

If you actually read the report you'll understand why they used the taser. This after they made numerous attempts to get her drop it, but she continued to point the knife at the officers. And when they arrived on scene she was holding the knife to her chest. The mother is trying to portray this little imp as an angelic little girl in hopes to foster sympathy. I think everything the baby sitter said during the 911 call was true. That's not normal behavior, even for a 9 y/o child. She's perfectly justified in calling the police in that situation.

Comment

She's fucking 8. It might as well have been a hotdog she was pointing at them.

Comment

You clearly don't know how dangerous an 8 year old girl can be! Those 4 officers put their lives on the line to protect and serve! What a clusterfuck, my question is how the hell did the sitter let it get to that point?

Comment

I'd probably tase her too. Why should I risk getting cut just because its an 8 year old girl? Are 8 year old girls incapable of cutting people?

Comment

For real? You'd rather taze a 1st - 2nd grader? What a pussy. Lol

A cut from a 8yo girl = a scratch.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
              For real? You'd rather taze a 1st - 2nd grader? What a pussy. Lol

A cut from a 8yo girl = a scratch.
              You're a dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                I'd probably tase her too. Why should I risk getting cut just because its an 8 year old girl? Are 8 year old girls incapable of cutting people?

You know that an average 8 year old girl is about 4 feet tall and weighs the same as a big bag of oil dry right? On the other hand who knows, maybe she already had a tear drop tattoo and those 4 trained officers were in fear for their lives. "She's coming right at us!!"

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  You know that an average 8 year old girl is about 4 feet tall and weighs the same as a big bag of oil dry right? On the other hand who knows, maybe she already had a tear drop tattoo and those 4 trained officers were in fear for their lives. "She's coming right at us!!"
                  So you recommend drop kicking her or something? What's yours plan to avoid getting cut? Taxing lasts a few seconds and then its done...

Comment

I bet she learned her fucking lesson.
                    sigpic

Comment

You're a dumbass.
                      I was threatened with a knife by a 3rd grader when I was 13, I didn't call the cops or taze anyone. I just grabbed his arm at let him know that wasn't a good idea. Babysitting crazy ass cousins.

Comment

So you recommend drop kicking her or something? What's yours plan to avoid getting cut? Taxing lasts a few seconds and then its done...
                        I can't believe you are defending tasing a CHILD. Not only were they not designed to be used on CHILDREN, there are many better ways to go about it. It's called use your fucking brain.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                          I can't believe you are defending tasing a CHILD. Not only were they not designed to be used on CHILDREN, there are many better ways to go about it. It's called use your fucking brain.
                          Sure it is and it beats the alternative of getting stabbed.

Comment

Sure it is and it beats the alternative of getting stabbed.
                            Stabbed? Dude come on it's an 8 year old girl, not a teenager.

These guys are trained in some type of martial arts, not quick draw McRraw a fucking taser.

Comment

Oh I don't know, walk over and take it away?

Comment

Working...
                              X