Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard bigfoot was muslim

Comment

We are still finding new species even in our own country, sometimes right under our own feet:

New Giant Crayfish Found Under Tenn. Rock

Jan. 20, 2011 -- When aquatic biologists peered under a big rock in a Tennessee creek, they got a big surprise: a new species of crayfish that is at least twice the size of its peers.

Barbicambarus simmonsi is about 5 inches long and belongs to a class of species known for their unusual "bearded" antennae. The hair-like bristles enhance the sensory abilities of the crustacean.

The stand-out find proves that new species can be found today even in well explored areas.

"This isn't a crayfish that someone would have picked up and just said, 'Oh, it's another crayfish,' and put it back," University of Illinois aquatic biologist Chris Taylor, the curator of crustaceans at the Illinois Natural History Survey and a co-discoverer of the new species, said in a press release. "If you were an aquatic biologist and you had seen this thing, because of the size and the setae on the antennae, you would have recognized it as something really, really different and you would have saved it."

Taylor, along with Kentucky University biological sciences professor Guenter Schuster found their first specimen under one of the biggest rocks in the deepest part of Shoal Creek, a stream in southern Tennessee that ultimately drains into the Tennessee River.

The new species is described in a paper in the Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington.
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

yes. and jacques lafleur is watching this thread.

Comment

I know of an old, natural, spring-fed creek in Arlington that has crawdads that look like small lobsters. Easily 6 inches long. I never thought about them being a new species. There are also alligator snapping turtles in there that must weigh over 50 lbs. But, no Bigfoot. I agree that if Bigfoot existed, we'd have some real hard evidence by now. As for discovering new species every day, when is the last time we discovered a really large new mammal species? I'd be excited to see one or learn that their existence is confirmed, but for now, I say no way.

Comment

Batman voice "I am bigfoot" Batman voice

Comment

I lol'd watching some crap on tv yesterday called monsterquest. Some of those peoples stories are just hard to believe.

Lmao bigfoot threw rocks at you from across the creek? Oh really?

Comment

I've seen big foot, her sister is Kim Kardashian
                Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                Your opinion is what sucks.
                You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

If there are tribes deep in the Rain Forest that we have never made contact with, what makes you think there aren't other animals we have not seen? There probably is some rare thing out there and their skeletons are never seen due to possible burial or people assuming it was a bear. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                    We are still finding new species even in our own country, sometimes right under our own feet:

Radiation is a bitch......
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                      I know of an old, natural, spring-fed creek in Arlington that has crawdads that look like small lobsters. Easily 6 inches long. I never thought about them being a new species. There are also alligator snapping turtles in there that must weigh over 50 lbs. But, no Bigfoot. I agree that if Bigfoot existed, we'd have some real hard evidence by now. As for discovering new species every day, when is the last time we discovered a really large new mammal species? I'd be excited to see one or learn that their existence is confirmed, but for now, I say no way.
                      What if a new tribe of Indian were found. Would that make you question your thought process?

On the edit... Wikipedia warning but..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammals...2000s#Primates if one believes that post it looks like there's been 25 found since 2000.
                      Last edited by Darren M; 02-03-2011, 11:58 AM.
                      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

As for discovering new species every day, when is the last time we discovered a really large new mammal species? I'd be excited to see one or learn that their existence is confirmed, but for now, I say no way.
                        Every year new speices are being found throuoght the world and mammals are no different, heres a new type of ape that was found just a few years ago and it was somethig that the natives knew about too.

Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Looks real to me.

Comment

I know of an old, natural, spring-fed creek in Arlington that has crawdads that look like small lobsters. Easily 6 inches long. I never thought about them being a new species.
                            Not splitting hairs here, but crawfish are measured from tip of tail to the head. The usual crawdad is 3-4 inches of body, with around 3 inches of claw, which would appear to be 6 inches.

This newly species is around 6 inches of body, with 5-6 inches of claw, so appear to be around a 12 inches long total. They also weigh about 3-4 times as much as the usual crawdad.

When was the last time you saw a 12 inch over all length, 1 pound crawfish in that creek?

Stevo
                            Originally posted by SSMAN
                            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                              What if a new tribe of Indian were found. Would that make you question your thought process?.
                              No. Now, if a new tribe of Indians was found running around a forest in North America like where these Bigfoot sightings come from, then maybe I would believe that finding a Bigfoot out there is possible too.

On the edit... Wikipedia warning but..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammals...2000s#Primates if one believes that post it looks like there's been 25 found since 2000.[/QUOTE]

Okay, so there are obviously some crazy new ape species that are running around the same jungles as these uncontacted tribes, but it's a big stretch to try and align that with Bigfoot. Apples and oranges.

Comment

GoldenPalace.com Monkey... really... wow...

Comment

Working...
                                X