DOT had 4 SNOW PLOWS out on I20...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOT had 4 SNOW PLOWS out on I20...

Wasting time scuffing the top of the ice on the highway.

Two guys per truck, and two pickups with a couple guys each blowing up the overtime. What a waste, if only it was actually doing something productive.

Was kinda interesting to see a plow in Texas.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

that's gubment employees for ya

Comment

Is it just me or was the preperation for this weather planned horribly? I mean I have only experienced 2-3 of these "storms" since I have been in TX, but I remember every other time seeing trucks with sand out and about. I didn't see that this time.
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

We waited for TXDOT for 8 hours to close the Granbury Road exit off of westbound I20. All they did was let the city sand the exit and it was reopened. I left because I didn't want to watch the pinball game start all over again.

I had requested that they barricade the exit becuase of how steep it is. At the bottom of the hill is a stop/go signal and not a great place to slide into.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
          Is it just me or was the preperation for this weather planned horribly? I mean I have only experienced 2-3 of these "storms" since I have been in TX, but I remember every other time seeing trucks with sand out and about. I didn't see that this time.
          i agree

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            That may depend on where you are and traveling. I have seen ice trucks doing bridges and overpasses since this shit started.

Unless sand has something mixed in to thaw the ice, it doesnt do shit but get pushed out of the tire tracks. It helps get some traction, but not much else.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Where the hell did they get snow plows from?

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                X2
                99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

If they would just use salt instead of sand the roads would be much better.
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                    If they would just use salt instead of sand the roads would be much better.
                    That shit really does work.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                      Originally posted by Oreos_stang3 View Post
                      X2
                      Cities north of us

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                        Cities north of us
                        Texas Department of Transportation on the door of all of them. What city are we talking? Maybe Amarillo is considered north, right?

Comment

Do you r-tards really think it's straight sand? It's a sand/salt blend...or it's MD-20 which is another de-icer mixture.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Do you r-tards really think it's straight sand? It's a sand/salt blend...or it's MD-20 which is another de-icer mixture.
                            I heard on the news that Md-20 was pretty much used up, and they were using sand in place of it.

Did I hear wrong or is am1080 a bunch of r-tards?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                              I heard on the news that Md-20 was pretty much used up, and they were using sand in place of it.

Did I hear wrong or is am1080 a bunch of r-tards?
                              Typically the sand has 10% salt to the best of my knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                              X