Vrbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vrbo

For those that use them how does check in/check out work? How do I get keys?

I have a beach house rented next month and haven't been given much info.
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

When I have rented from them, they usually have a mechanical keypad lock that they give you a combo to, and there is a key in there to use.

They should send your a welcoming email describing checkin/checkout and the likes the week of arrival.

Comment

They should contact you about a week out. Keeps them safe ad the renters for various reasons. I thought it was weird at first too. My keys in san Diego were in a lock box and I got the code a few days prior. I didn't even get the exact address until 2 days prior but I knew the intersection.

Comment

Ive only used it once, and the owner met us to give us keys and run through the house with us to explain how things worked, etc. It also gave us a chance to find anything we wanted to point out, like a stain on the carpet and a miniblind that was falling down.

It actually went famously well with that one. My parents go to Hot Springs every year to play golf/shop and whatnot, they always do a VRBO house.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The place I rented in broken bow used a electronic combination lock. Two or three days before the check in I got an email with the combination to the lock. The combination is changed for every guest.
          Jon

Comment

Ok thanks guys
            07 f250-family truckster
            08 Denali -baby hauler
            52 f1-rust bucket
            05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

I honestly cannot remember the last time I stayed in a hotel for a vacation. Condo's are so much nicer, cook your own food, it's cheaper.

I hate hotels now.

Comment

We plan on using vrbo next year in Hawaii. Cant wait!

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                  I honestly cannot remember the last time I stayed in a hotel for a vacation. Condo's are so much nicer, cook your own food, it's cheaper.

I hate hotels now.
                  We normally do all inclusive resorts so this is a new one for us
                  07 f250-family truckster
                  08 Denali -baby hauler
                  52 f1-rust bucket
                  05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

AIRBNB is nice to... For Europe we found it was much better than VRBO.

Comment

When I've rented in US and Europe predominantly, there have been 3 separate options of receiving information. I've used VRBO, airbnb, homeaway, rentvillas, and tripadvisor's vacation rentals.

1. Property manager/owner will send confirmation documents/contract/directions and meet you at the property directly to provide keys/tour of the house.

2. Property manager/owner will send confirmation documents/contract/directions containing where to pick up keys at separate location and accompany you to the property for introduction.

3. Property manager/owner will send confirmation documents/contract/directions and within those documents are instructions as to where the keys are hidden/stored on property.

If you haven't received your contract or confirmation yet, I would call/email the property manager to ask for details as to where to pick up keys, etc.
                      2007 997 Targa 4S - Guards Red
                      2006 Subaru STI - WRBlue
                      2008 VW R32 - Candy White

Comment

Working...
                      X