Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Man Declares Republic of Dougistan, Fires at Cops, Fire Fighters

Before you ask, this isn't about me

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...

By Dan Zimmerman on August 14, 2014

Can you secede from the US (let alone Texas) and establish a new nation if you don’t know your own address? Dougie Doug’s takeaway from this little episode should be that instead of notifying the local po-lice of your intention to create your own sovereign Republic of Dougistan (while letting them know you’re holding an indeterminate number of firearms), the proper procedure is to send a certified letter to the State Department. Duh. Oh, and Dougie? Shooting at police officers and firemen typically results in rapid, extensive blood loss, so consider yourself lucky to only be facing charges of aggravated assault. You can wave goodbye to those guns, too, because you’ve seen the last of them.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

is it your neighbor/best friend though?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      Before you ask, this isn't about me.
      Shit, I've got nothing to add then.

Comment

The thing to remember when you're on drugs, is that you're on drugs.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I've been listening to the audio on this. I'd be more coherent.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            I've been listening to the audio on this. I'd be more coherent.
            That shit is hilarious!
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

DALLAS — You might recall the popular Family Guy episode when the main character Peter seceded from the United States. Well, it was no joke Monday when Doug Leguin here tried to start his own country in someone else’s house!

911 Call:

Leguin: “[I’m] Doug-E-Doug from Doug-E-Stan.”

Dispatch: “Doug-E-Stan? What is that?”

Leguin: “That’s a little republic I just made.”

Around that time, his wife called Corinth Police when she realized her husband was missing.

“He had actually left with an AK-47 assault rifle, several rounds of ammunition and some propane tanks from the garage,” Assistant Chief Greg Wilkerson said.

Police found the man in a multi-million dollar home in a gated community in North Dallas.

He had called firefighters to a grass fire and then started shooting at them. No firefighters were hurt, but there was a babysitter and an 8-year-old girl trapped inside.

Corinth PD helped lead Dallas cops straight to this guy. “We only had a very small window of opportunity to act,” Wilkerson said.

That’s when the SWAT team took over.

911 Call:

Leguin: “I got an officer coming at me, tell him to back off.”

Dispatch: “Don’t do anything.”

Leguin: “What do you mean, don’t do anything?”

Is seceding from the United States even legal?

According to Appellate Lawyer Chad Ruback, “U.S. Law does not allow a citizen to secede.”

After he was arrested, the SWAT team detonated some suspicious devices Leguin left behind. His neighbors are shocked.

“[He is] you know, the person that we know, that we spend time with, that we see outside, that waves at everybody, that’s really friendly, someone who we spend time with our kids,” Tosha Bryce said. “You know, what in the world could have set him off?”

Now, Leguin is in jail. Hope he gets the help that he needs.

DALLAS —?You might recall the popular Family Guy episode when the main character Peter seceded from the United States. Well, it was no joke Monday when Doug Leguin here tried to start his own…

Comment

Update: PDATE: Dallas police have identified the man they say ambushed officers and firefighters as 60-year-old Corinth resident, Douglas Lee LeGuin.

They say LeGuin has anti-government views to police. There’s no word if he’s linked to a specific group. It’s also unclear how he’s connected to the home in Far North Dallas where police say he opened fire on first responders. No officers were hit.

LeGuin is charged with seven counts of attempted assault on a public servant.

Comment

He keeps up his yard

Comment

hold my beer watch this?
                    Big Rooster Racing
                    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

also lives real close to this guy

So long story short i bought an accord last month, needed some paint work.(front and rear bumpers).. been a month and the owner of the shop won't answer or return calls. The few times i have gotten ahold of him claimed it got towed then an employee took it.. or that he will have it the next day etc.. all bs, just want my ride

Comment

Bath salts?
                        1990 GT

Comment

on something if all those charges still isn't he looking at 40+years? Hope the da doesn't file attempted murder

Comment

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Sus...70991791.html# he's not crazy at all

Comment

Working...
                            X