Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 What Mustang would you get.... - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Mustang would you get....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Mustang would you get....

Debating a Mustang, and really torn on what avenue to take... If you had a choice, what would you do?

I'd either look for a pre-modded GT (Whipple, KB, something...) or a GT500, more than likely stock.
    2011 GT500
    0%
    2013/14 GT
    0%

Unless you're gonna get the newer '13/'14 GT500 I'd likely go with the GT and mods. It'll be cheaper, and you can easily hit the same power. The trans is the big downside there as I'm pretty sure the 11/12 GT500 also had the TR6060 and not the MT82.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Get you a new GT. You will not regret it.
      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Gt500

Comment

I would prefer the stock gt500 over a modded gt. Sometimes you just dont know what you are getting into with modded cars and the trans is shit.

Comment

I was debating an 07-09 GT500 before I settled on a '13 5.0. The '11 is a much improved car over those years, so it's a tough call. I think I would go with a new unmodded '14 and drive it for a long time before modding it. Or hell, the '15 will be here in a month or two. Wait for the dumbass dealer raping to vanish and consider one of those. 420hp stock is pretty fun on the streets, I assure you.
            Last edited by Guest; 08-10-2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

'88 Foxbody with 46k in mods.

Comment

Interesting... I thought the GT500 would be the landslide... Didn't know the transmission issue on the GT but no big deal..

I think I'm leaning on the 13/14 decision. Price is better and mods can get stupid numbers...

Last mustang I drove was an 03 Cobra so I guess I'd better go see what the coyote is all about.

Comment

Not the answer you were looking for, but I'd hold out for a new '15. Both of the options are great, but I like the new hotness.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    Interesting... I thought the GT500 would be the landslide... Didn't know the transmission issue on the GT but no big deal..

I think I'm leaning on the 13/14 decision. Price is better and mods can get stupid numbers...

Last mustang I drove was an 03 Cobra so I guess I'd better go see what the coyote is all about.

I also think the 13/14 is far better looking aesthetically. I just can't stand the 10-12 rear end, especially the tail lights, and the black body moldings instead of body colored cheapens the look as well, IMO, of course. When they put out the updated '13 it was a no brainer for me, and was enough for me to buy a new car for the first time.

I flat out love my '13. Now that I've overcome some bumps in the road, it is highly likely that it will be in my garage until my house is paid off, which is about 13 years away. It's just a flat out great car, around town, or burning down the freeway across country. I don't know that the GT500 would have the greatest manners on a long trip. I have people approach me to talk about it constantly, and that hasn't been a regular occurrence with any car I've owned since my '57 Bel-Air.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      Not the answer you were looking for, but I'd hold out for a new '15. Both of the options are great, but I like the new hotness.
                      Yeah, I don't care for them as much as the 13/14, and it'll be a year before the price is remotely reasonable....

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        I also think the 13/14 is far better looking aesthetically. I just can't stand the 10-12 rear end, especially the tail lights, and the black body moldings instead of body colored cheapens the look as well, IMO, of course. When they put out the updated '13 it was a no brainer for me, and was enough for me to buy a new car for the first time.

I flat out love my '13. Now that I've overcome some bumps in the road, it is highly likely that it will be in my garage until my house is paid off, which is about 13 years away. It's just a flat out great car, around town, or burning down the freeway across country. I don't know that the GT500 would have the greatest manners on a long trip. I have people approach me to talk about it constantly, and that hasn't been a regular occurrence with any car I've owned since my '57 Bel-Air.
                        Yup, that was my biggest complaint about the 05-10, the ugly rearend.

I think I'm going to go try out a 13/14 and we'll see what happens, although if I can find a decent low mile turbo/whippled 13, hrmmm....

Comment

I got the 14 GT/CS last year and have no regrets! It's a fun car and even though the new ones are just about out I much prefer the look of the 13/14 over the new 15 design. I just hate the headlights and I'm not so sure on the rear end but it certainly looks pretty good.
                          Originally posted by stevo
                          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            That car would be stupid fast
                            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              ...........and there it is!

Comment

Working...
                              X