Solo vacation ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo vacation ideas?

I had made plans to travel to Europe with a bro back in the beginning of the year. We were set to leave in August. I started saving $50 a week, mainly to cover the steep international flight. He recently bailed on me and now I dont know where to go. I'd like to travel during the final week of august, I just have no idea where. I thought about hiking the AT or PCT but I don't really have time to plan a 5 day hike and gather gear.

Other than road tripping, what are some good places to go solo?
    I'd rather not have an 18 hour flight.
    Last edited by HarrisonTX; 09-27-2014, 10:28 AM.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

How long can you go, and whats the Budget... If you are only going to have 5 days, international would be a total waste. If you have time, and are on a budget, SE Asia is dirt cheap after the flight. You could do Czech, Austria, Hungary and save some $$$ compared to France, England etc.

Comment

I've got about 5-7 days and about $1,500
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Ride Whistler

Comment

Price of flights is the biggest vacation killer! Especially in the timeframe you're looking at. I'd recommend cities like Boston, San Francisco, or Chicago. I just got back from a one night stay in Chicago and wished I was there a few days longer, fun city with a lot to do. Same with Boston.

Comment

All inclusive Cozumel is cost efficient and lots of fun. Cancun is not bad and probably cheaper. You'd probably have more luck with the ladies there.

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
              All inclusive Cozumel is cost efficient and lots of fun. Cancun is not bad and probably cheaper. You'd probably have more luck with the ladies there.
              I have considered that but I would feel like a loser going alone. I bet I could do it for $700 or so.
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I would try to find a deal on an all-inclusive resort that specializes in solo travelers. Should be able to get airfare, room, all alcohol, and all food in your price range for a 4-5 day trip.

Comment

All inclusive Cabo San Lucas was a blast for under your $1500 cap per person. Got a buddy doing the England, Glasgow and Ireland trip and is way, way past the 5500 mark at this point with about a 1/2 week left to go. IMO sometimes the story is worth the extra expense. You only live once and it's harder to live fun with a wife and kids...

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    I have considered that but I would feel like a loser going alone.
                    Hell no! Enjoy not living others mistakes. I know I have!

Comment

I live just a few miles off the AT and have often thought about hiking it for a few days. That sounds cooler than mexico IMO

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                        I have considered that but I would feel like a loser going alone. I bet I could do it for $700 or so.
                        The last time I went scuba diving there I was wishing I was alone. There was Dr. hottie there alone, and a couple of sisters that were gorgeous on the dive. And they were in season The cruise ships that come in also supply lots of eye candy that are there for quick fun. It's hard to feel like a loser in paradise. Just think most of us chumps would rather be there alone than here working. And if you get lonely ask a taxi driver to direct you to the nearest cat house. lol

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                          I live just a few miles off the AT and have often thought about hiking it for a few days. That sounds cooler than mexico IMO
                          What part ?
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

go rent a touring bike in europe and ride around.

Comment

Someplace with hoes and beaches.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X