Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question for the self employed that pay for medical insurance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for the self employed that pay for medical insurance....

Quick question.... We'll still plan on finding/asking a tax advisor but a question came up while doing our taxes...

The details...

The wife is self employed. I'm employed and I have insurance on myself and the kids. A portion is paid by my employer for me and I pay the additional premiums for the kids. The wife currently does not have insurance.

Can the premiums that get deducted monthly through my employer count as a tax deduction for health insurance premiums since she's self employed?

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    Quick question.... We'll still plan on finding/asking a tax advisor but a question came up while doing our taxes...

The details...

The wife is self employed. I'm employed and I have insurance on myself and the kids. A portion is paid by my employer for me and I pay the additional premiums for the kids. The wife currently does not have insurance.

Can the premiums that get deducted monthly through my employer count as a tax deduction for health insurance premiums since she's self employed?
    I really doubt they can be deducted, it is not a business expense she pays for, or her business pays for.

Comment

Working...
    X