recommend some famiky things to do in san Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend some famiky things to do in san Antonio

Me the wife and my 6 yr old daughter are going to San Antonio august 20-24. Looking for some ideas of fun places to go besides the obvious sea world, schlitterban, etc. I see that have a train museum, a zoo, dude ranches etc.

Ready go!

Fiesta texas

Comment

Don't go to the zoo. It's horrible and I was let down when I went. There's always the Alamo.

Comment

There's some kid oriented stuff at the Witte Museum. There Ripleys downtown across the street from the Alamo. Ithink there are some thing for kids at the Institute of Texan Cultures. Theres the Kiddie Park at Brackenridge Park along with the Brackenridge Eagle train that runs all through the park. And at the same park is the zoo. My sister took my nephew a few weks ago and said they had a good time.
        "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Chuckie cheese

Comment

What about thesw places:

Buckhorn museum and texas ranger museum
            Texas transportation museum
            Any of the dude ranches

Comment

Oh and visiting the alamo is on the list. We went about 4 years ago but now the little one is a bit older id like to take her again.

Comment

I live down here, and I would definitely recommend having lunch and touring the guenther house. It's fairly close to the river walk.

Comment

There used to be some big Circus museum I visited when I was little. I don't know if it's still there but the kid would like it.

Comment

Do not even leave a phone charger in sight, or these damn dirty Apes here will bash in your window to see if anything is connected to it in order to steal it. Happen to my brother when he visited.
                    Last edited by Rick Modena; 08-04-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I liked their zoo, it's constantly undergoing renovations but was a good visit last time I was there.

If you are into military stuff at all the Quadrangle at Fort Sam Houston is pretty cool. You need to call and see what the entry requirements are but it's worth a visit. When it was setup as a prison for Genomino they let a bunch of random wildlife move in and they are still there for some reason. Wild peacocks, deer, rabbits and whatever just roam all around the facility.

Next to it is the housing for senior command. It's not typical of base housing, it looks more like you are driving through the Hamptons or something. Lots of very large and old mansions with different generals and admirals living in them.

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                        do not even leave a phone charger in sight, or these damn dirty mexicans here will bash in your window to see if anything is connected to it in order to steal it. Happen to my brother when he visited.
                        wow!

Comment

Ill check that out bp thanks!

Comment

Alamo and the Ripley across the street from there....that strip has a bunch of neat things for kids
                            Originally posted by Da Prez
                            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                              Ill check that out bp thanks!
                              Keep in mind that it's on an active military base, you will need to show ID to get in but it's open to civilians, at least the quadrangle is. Just make sure you don't have any thing you wouldn't walk into a federal building with.

Comment

Working...
                              X