Anyone actually use Angie's List?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone actually use Angie's List?

I am DONE with trying to hire people I know or friends. Even though we are talking professionals and I am not asking for any special treatment or discounts, it seems every time you hire someone you know, they tend to keep putting you on the back burner.

I have a good deal of work I need to get done on my rent house that needs to start in a couple of weeks and needs to be finished in about a week. I don't need any bullshit from anyone putting me off delaying how quickly the house can get on the market for the next renters. I also want to pay by credit. I have a lot of anxiety now just picking someone at random out of the phone book. Has anyone actually used this Angie's List?

You know they charge a fee to use their site, right? Also, any online rating site/service is going to have some good and some bad reviews, and all should be taken with a grain of salt. Angie's list makes most of its money off of the businesses that choose to advertise on it, and is not as consumer-driven as they say. They list a ton of companies, and they know that most people won't look past the first or second page of each category or search, so keep that in mind if you do decide to join up and use their service.

Comment

I have used Angies list for about three years and they are great. I found my concrete guys on there, a plumber, and a carpet guy no issues. I have provided several great reviews on several venders, with pictures, and I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with it. I will give this tip though. Sign up and get to the very end where you go to pay, then back out of it. In a couple of days they will send you a 50 percent reduced bill for the year as an incentive to sign up.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Few people from work use it. They are good and the businesses that are in the front couple of pages will be the ones paying. But they wont have as much negative items since they care about staying in the top percent.

Comment

Rich people. A few pharmacist and dr.'s I work with have used Angie's list with good results.
          .....bro....

Comment

No prostitutes.

Although it can be argued that we are all whores.

Comment

scam, all the contractors I use dont speaky english, and the ones that do dont know what the hell angies list is

Comment

Working...
              X