Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to purchase a wheel chair elevator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to purchase a wheel chair elevator?

As ramps are highly intrusive for where I need one, I want to look into one of these wheelchair elevators used in commercial applications. The small kind that is mounted outdoors next to steps. Where does one begin to look for something like this? I am not opposed to used if in good condition. I imagine most have had very little use if they are used.

The National Wheel-O-Vator RE vertical platform wheelchair lift is designed for residential settings.

Order it and put it in yourself...

Comment

A place in Garland on I-30 near Rosehill called United Access, they have or can get anything you need.

(972) 776-6379

BTW, I know a guy that made one from a motorcycle jack, hydro pump and some sheet metal on the cheap if they are too expensive.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I found this... they aren't cheap but it's a write off I'm sure.

Comment

Medicaid can subsidize if its for direct use.

Comment

Originally posted by Binky View Post
            Medicaid can subsidize if its for direct use.
            This is for my mother that only visits us 4 or 5 times a year, though I could potentially see a case where she might have to live with us temp or perm in the future. My house is pier & beam and about 36" high. Being that it is not her residence, I doubted Medicare would cover it, but I suppose I can check.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
              This is for my mother that only visits us 4 or 5 times a year, though I could potentially see a case where she might have to live with us temp or perm in the future. My house is pier & beam and about 36" high. Being that it is not her residence, I doubted Medicare would cover it, but I suppose I can check.
              I was thinking the same thing (subsidies) but you are probably right, as far as it not being her primary residence.

Comment

Working...
              X