No announcement yet.

Who to use for carpet cleaning service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who to use for carpet cleaning service?

I'm moving out of my apartment and need it done. Who do you recommend?

Zerorez, they can be pricey but I've used them several times and was always pleased with the results

Comment

Why have them cleaned for an apartment?
      The management will still have their company come and clean them and take it out of your deposit... And that's assuming they don't just replace the carpet. Most apartments use either a 3 year or 5 year carpet which gets replaced every 3-5 years.
      Do you know when the carpet was installed in your apartment?
      How long have you lived there?
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

they are going to charge you for cleaning either way, and likely carpet too.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Texas Cleaning Solution This is a friend of mine who does exceptional service.

Comment

Without getting in to the discussion of whether or not you should have it done, if you do, make sure you keep the receipt and take "after" pictures.. That way if they still try to take it out of your deposit you will have evidence when you take them to small claims court.

**Disclaimer - I am not a lawyer, but I watch a lot of Judge Judy and People's Court.
            Last edited by Chili; 07-30-2014, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Yup it doesnt matter how well you clean. Never expect to get the deposit back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                Yup it doesnt matter how well you clean. Never expect to get the deposit back.
                As I recall I have only actually had money deducted from my deposit 2 times out of about 10 different apartments, and I never cleaned too extensively when moving out. Just wiped everything down and vacuumed.

But hell, the last couple apartments I had before buying a house had really low deposits. Even the last one in Las Colinas, where my rent was almost $1,200 a month. I think that one was like $150.

Comment

Everyone i moved from i had spotless. Lick the floor clean. I think ive got maybe one back.

Comment

I always had the property manager walk with me before I turned the key in to see if she felt anything needed to be addressed. Once everything was good in their opinion, I had then put it in writing that she walked the apartment with me and all was satisfactory.

Comment

Working...
                    X