Selling my home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my home

With the house thread below I had a few questions that I thought should get it's own thread. I may soon be relocating to Wichita Kansas. Anyways I currently own a home. I owe about 171k and I think I can sell it for about 200k. I live in the dreaded HOA type community but it's well worth the high fees. Well they charge a 1% of the final price of the home. So if I sell it for 200k they get 2k. I'm trying to figure out how much I can sell the house for just to break even. I would be paying 6% for realtor and 1% HOA plus closing and probably buyers closing costs.

Can anybody come up with a quick number or % of what it will cost me to sell my home?

TIA

You have to pay the HOA when you sell your house? WTF?! That's a new one.

Comment

And if you don't pay them....

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
        With the house thread below I had a few questions that I thought should get it's own thread. I may soon be relocating to Wichita Kansas. Anyways I currently own a home. I owe about 171k and I think I can sell it for about 200k. I live in the dreaded HOA type community but it's well worth the high fees. Well they charge a 1% of the final price of the home. So if I sell it for 200k they get 2k. I'm trying to figure out how much I can sell the house for just to break even. I would be paying 6% for realtor and 1% HOA plus closing and probably buyers closing costs.

Can anybody come up with a quick number or % of what it will cost me to sell my home?

TIA
        12k realtors
        2k HOA
        4k(ish) seller concession for fees (usually 2-3% of sales price).

Will cost you around 18k to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          You have to pay the HOA when you sell your house? WTF?! That's a new one.
          Yea it keeps the HOA fees down. At least that's what they say. It's a pretty awesome community though. Tons of parks, lake, dog park, trails, pools, water park, gym and a club house.

Rancho Sahuarita is the name

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
            12k realtors
            2k HOA
            4k(ish) seller concession for fees (usually 2-3% of sales price).

Will cost you around 18k to sell.
            Does that 4k include buyers and sellers closing costs?

Comment

Does that 4k include buyers and sellers closing costs?
              It's a rough guesstimate based on all lender and title fees. Not really including Home Insurance costs.

Comment

You can negotiate the selling realtor's fee down. Selling a house right now isn't exactly hard work and the listing agent really doesn't do shit any way.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

You shouldn't have to pay buyers closing costs unless they want to add that to the final price of your home. Depending on what area you are in I would try listing the house yourself. All you need is a title company and they will provide you with all of the legal documents.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    You can negotiate the selling realtor's fee down. Selling a house right now isn't exactly hard work and the listing agent really doesn't do shit any way.
                    How would I go about doing that? Id be worried they wouldn't be as interested in selling my home.

Comment

shotgun a email to the top 20 brokers on zillow. Say you want to pay 5% together for buyer and selling agent or less.

Comment

How would I go about doing that? Id be worried they wouldn't be as interested in selling my home.

The listing agent doesn't do a whole lot other than put the house in MLS and negotiate with the buyer. Usually they don't even ever end up showing the house, that is left to the potential buyers agents.

Comment

Fucking HOA's.

Comment

Find the agent with the most listings in your area, contact the top 5, then tell them you are looking for a seller who would do 2% fee to sell. Someone will do it

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                              X