House shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Get used to that very situation. You are going to get it on almost every house you try to make an offer on. We lucked out on our house and sent in our offer the first day on the market.
    Same.

Comment

We are/were looking in an area that most houses aren't on the market more than a day or two without an offer (*if they aren't horribly overpriced and even then they are still going)... We kept uping our max amount for a while and decided to take a break.

Our current place is a great house, in a good neighborhood, and we aren't in a giant hurry so I don't want to rush into something we don't have to do.

Comment

I stopped looking, the prices are outrageous. Seems like it may be time to move out of the area...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          I stopped looking, the prices are outrageous. Seems like it ma be time to move out of the area...
          quitter.

I agree though. I can't believe some of the prices I am seeing in my neighborhood alone.

Comment

I stopped looking, the prices are outrageous. Seems like it may be time to move out of the area...
            I thought you recently moved to a new area?

Comment

I did the same as some above. My wife understood the basic requirements and she did all the shopping/looking with the Realtor. One day while packing up from a camping trip she finally had 2 houses for us to look at and the next day we put an offer in on one of them.

I could clearly tell my view of a "good house" was not in line with hers. So, let her filter and then go from there while I had a good time.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                I thought you recently moved to a new area?
                I did...
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

When I jumped into the Las Vegas market in 2011 it was a bloody beat down. 90% of the listings were short sales or foreclosures and it was literally impossible to compete unless you were bringing all cash and slamming out some big above listing offers. I said fuck it and had a new house built out there. One of my better decisions considering the market accelerated very quickly.

Comment

One thing I try to tell myself when shopping for a house, there will always be another deal around the corner, no matter how much you loved the one you missed.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      quitter.

I agree though. I can't believe some of the prices I am seeing in my neighborhood alone.
                      and selling fast that city. strong market

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                        Yoda?

Comment

Yoda?
                          Im a skimmer, no time to diddle daddle

Comment

Im a skimmer, no time to diddle daddle
                            I got ya, hometown...

Comment

No shit. I could probably throw my house on the market for $20k more than what i paid 1 1/2 years ago and have serious offers.

Comment

I got lucky on mine. Seller was widowed and retired, and all her family lives in NC now. She listed the house on a Friday for about $5k under market value. We looked at it on that Saturday and my agent put an offer in that was about $10k under asking. She accepted it on Monday morning, and agreed to pay the closing costs and provide a HO warranty for 2 years. Things were simpler 8 years ago, for the buyer anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X