Ebay question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay question...

I have an IPOD touch for sale on EBAY. I got a question today asking for the serial number "so they can check it on the Apple web site"... Thought the question was odd. It's new in the box, what good will the serial # do someone ? Am I missing something ?

I'm no expert, but is it possible they can register it to themselves then report it stolen? Don't know if they have to have the actual iPod to register it with iTunes....
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Are you talking about the ESN#?? If so It's normal for people to ask for this number. Check if it has a clean ESN. Because of money is owed on the account. The new buyer has to pay the money you owe on that acct#
      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

OK. It' not set up. Its BRAND new. How do I get the ESN without setting it up ?

Comment

ESN is for a cell phone I think, not an iPod touch.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
            ESN is for a cell phone I think, not an iPod touch.
            Crap. I miss read it.

OP. Probably just wants to see what generation is it.
            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
            X