Ireland...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ireland...

so, after a few days over here, I'm realizing just how many of my friends are of Scotch/Irish descent! LOL

lots of familiar surnames and faces

BUT... there's a reason (many, actually) that my and your ancestors left this shit hole! LOL

counting down the days until I'm back home in the somewhat less-shitty USA!!
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

What do you not like about it?

Never been there myself.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      What do you not like about it?

Never been there myself.
      My first guess is the warm beer and shitty weather.

Comment

the weather is far better than TX at the moment, but I like to see horizons... all you see here are stone walls and ivy. The roads suck donkey dick, but it is frighteningly fun driving on them.

the political positions/concepts and judgement on ideals I hold just don't sit well with me. (no, I don't discuss politics with strangers, but I can read a room)

The accent is a hoot, and the people are really nice, but this is not my home... My parents love it, but this will be my last trip here, I can assure you

edit: oh, and liquor needs no ice, but we do have our beer on ice

Comment

I'm jelly.

Comment

I'm trying to get selected to go to Italy next year for a study abroad trip with a 2 week me-trip around Europe.

I'm just ready for a change of pace, perhaps in an attempt to appreciate America more.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              I'm jelly.
              lol, I'm in the wrong mindset to be here, I'll admit... I didn't plan this trip, but I did commit to it.

you can have it

give me the Rocky mountains dollar for dollar any day... better climate, better views, better weed, etc.

this is my heritage, and I'm thankful to have the opportunity, but like I said, I understand why I love America and why my ancestors ended up there

somebody shoot a fucking gun for me

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                I'm trying to get selected to go to Italy next year for a study abroad trip with a 2 week me-trip around Europe.

I'm just ready for a change of pace, perhaps in an attempt to appreciate America more.
                You'll appreciate it...

meanwhile, I've yet to see your doppleganger over here, but I've seen your father's! LOL

Comment

One of the things I didn't like was the price of food and beer. Unless theres a "local price" , food was crazy expensive

Comment

Sorry to hear you don't like it. I thought it was a pretty special place and we had a great time. Maybe it's what you're doing there? I'd suggest a trip to County Clare, there are some pretty spectacular things to see and do.
                    Last edited by 46Tbird; 05-08-2018, 08:29 AM.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      lol, I'm in the wrong mindset to be here, I'll admit... I didn't plan this trip, but I did commit to it.

you can have it

give me the Rocky mountains dollar for dollar any day... better climate, better views, better weed, etc.

this is my heritage, and I'm thankful to have the opportunity, but like I said, I understand why I love America and why my ancestors ended up there

somebody shoot a fucking gun for me

I completely get it. Traveling can be a beating sometimes. Especially when you're spending a bunch of money and realize you wish you'd just gone somewhere else that you liked in a past trip(which is how I ended up at the Salt Flats twice in 3 years. I don't think I've seen the last of them, either).

I'm really on edge right now wanting to jump in the 5.0 and start driving. Fundage is low due to all the house renovations, and that Key West trip beat the hell out of me. I'm going to get out of Texas in the next few months at any rate.

I pulled out my Sig and put it on the couch next to me for you.

Comment

Where in Ireland are you? I want to go to Northern Ireland very badly.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          You'll appreciate it...

meanwhile, I've yet to see your doppleganger over here, but I've seen your father's! LOL
                          That's fucking funny! We come from Kilkenny area, fyi.

Comment

Working...
                          X