Darwinism is alive and well....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darwinism is alive and well....

HALF MOON BAY, Calif. (AP) — A young man died after a hole he dug on a Northern California beach collapsed and trapped him in the sand for at least five minutes, authorities said Tuesday.
    The man dug a roughly 10-foot-deep hole at Francis State Beach and was standing in it around 5:30 p.m. Monday when the sand started caving in around him, California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection Capt. Jonathan Cox said.
    About 30 people, including the man's friends and bystanders, frantically dug with their hands, buckets and other improvised tools to expose his head. They were able to free his head in about five minutes, just as firefighters arrived at the scene, Cox said.
    "When they got there, they discovered he was unconscious," he said.
    Cox said paramedics managed to open his airways while about 30 firefighters, aided by the bystanders, used shovels and other equipment to pull out his body.
    Rescuers extricated him in about 35 minutes and tried to revive him, but he died at the scene, Cox said.
    The man who died at the beach about 30 miles southwest of downtown San Francisco was identified by the San Mateo County Coroner's office as Adam Pye, 26, of San Lorenzo.
    He dug the hole on a campground area of the beach, about 10 to 15 feet from the water line, Cox said.
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

the last thing i would want to do on the beach is work digging a 10ft hole.

god bless
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

This is EXACTLY why I lay on the beach and drink beer....

Life is too short to dig holes.

Comment

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Never really got the whole "bury me in the sand" alive thing. Bet he won't do that again.

Comment

jr just found that on netflex or something. at this point i can recite it verbatim.

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
              Bet he won't do that again.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                Never really got the whole "bury me in the sand" alive thing. Bet he won't do that again.
                I think he is going to do it exactly 1 more time.

Comment

zing
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                    Actually...someone is going to do it for him and he won't be alive this time.

WTF? Did they guy think he was some kind of pirate or explorer digging to get his secret booty that was buried long ago?

Comment

Fuck'n lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
                        the last thing i would want to do on the beach is work digging a 10ft hole.

God bless
                        lol
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                          Well guess the rule of keep trying till you get it right applies here lol.

Comment

Left coast libtards.....when will they ever learn, hopefully never thank God!

Comment

I did the whole bury me in the sand thing a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty shallow, but it was an interesting experience. The kids could walk and jump all over me and I could barely feel it. The compression actually felt pretty good, but the grit on certain parts of my bare skin wasn't too comfortable. Then I tried to "jump" up out of it as hard and fast as I could and chased the kids into the water. No way in hell I would dig something like that though.

Comment

Working...
                              X