Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to help a guy in a shitty situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to help a guy in a shitty situation?

A good friend post edgier on Facebook, figured someone here might be able to help.

Dallas area Facebook friends..., last Sunday, I was riding my bicycle down a little unmarked two lane, in Wylie. Up ahead I see what I think is a woman, pushing a bicycle. I get closer and I am wrong, it's a young man, pushing a 2 year old child, on a scooter. I get closer and see it is a neighbor of mine. It felt like 100+ degrees out and he still had 2.5 - 3 miles to go, until he got home. I could see that he was pushing the child on the scooter, so the baby girl didn't have to walk. My first thought is, "I need to get home as fast as I can, get my truck and go back and pick them up". However, as soon as I ride into the apartment parking lot, an older green Ford F350 pulls in and my neighbor gets out. After he got back over to the apartment, I get the low down. Turns out, his parents live over in that area and that is where his daughter stays most of the time. The mother had left the daughter and him and ran away to the east coast. She has not been seen in a long time. He has no car or other form of transportation at this time.

I want to help him. I am asking my FB family to help me, help him. I have a child's bicycle safety seat, that attaches to an adult bike. I am asking any of you, who might have an old, or extra, adult bicycle that you can donate to the cause. Maybe a Girl's childs bicycle helmet, Adult helmet, etc. Anything related may be what makes a difference. I can repair the bicycle if needed and can pick it up. It's insane how much difference, something like a bicycle could make to someone that has nothing else.
    I dont know his neighbor in need, but I trust rocky [the poster] enough I've already sent him a gift on PayPal.

Maybe someone has a bike they aren't using?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

I have an old mountain bike. It's in fair shape, the gear change cables could use some reconditioning, but it can be ridden.

Comment

ive got a spare adult helmet.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'll pass it along, thanks
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          I'll pass it along, thanks
          Oh and mine is a roadmaster wal-mart special from about 5 years ago. Original tires, new tubes, new-ish pedals. It's a 15 speed, but with the state of the cables, you only have access to about 3 of those. Paint is dull, but no rust on the frame.

Comment

what is the paypal? does the kid need clothes?

Comment

PayPal is clownracing@yahoo.Com. I'll check on extras

Comment

Ok thanks pm replied

Comment

I've got a basically new Specialized hybrid/road bike he can have. Come get it.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I know where there is a 06ish Dodge Caravan in good condition for $800. I know the family that owns it. They bought a new truck but have not advertised this for sale yet. I don't think there is anything seriously wrong with it. I thought about flipping it myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X