Going to Philly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
    I had a Pat's. They cooked up a sensational cheesesteak with spicy peppers and onions and it smelled oh-so-good. Then before I could stop them, they slammed a huge dollop of fucking CHEEZ-WIZ on top of it. I took two bites of it and all I could taste was a block of Velveeta, so I threw it away. So word to the wise, tell them you want swiss or provolone before they ruin your cheesesteak with gubment cheez, and don't worry about the look they give you.

I went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, which is where they filmed the "running up the steps" scene in Rocky. It's kind of a thing now for the hipster kids. They run from the bottom all the way to the top as fast as they can, then raise their hands in the air and jump a few times, just like Rocky. The highlight of my PMoA experience was having four black kids, all of them about 10yrs old, pick up gravel from the parking lot and throw it at me as I got out of the car.

I can't think of anything particularly nice to say about my experience in Philadelphia. The rest of the state seemed okay.

It's like you're mad at them because you don't know how to order. Lmao!
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      It's like you're mad at them because you don't know how to order. Lmao!
      It's not like that - it's exactly that. I didn't realize someone would intentionally ruin a great cheesesteak with fake cheese spread, so I didn't know I should tell them to NOT do it. That's why I added it as a PSA to my post.

Can you imagine going to Bob's, and telling them not to smear maple syrup over the filet?
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

It's not like that - it's exactly that. I didn't realize someone would intentionally ruin a great cheesesteak with fake cheese spread, so I didn't know I should tell them to NOT do it. That's why I added it as a PSA to my post.

Can you imagine going to Bob's, and telling them not to smear maple syrup over the filet?
        That's actually pretty funny.

...I wondered about that cheese whiz when I saw it on Diners Drive-In's and Dives. Looked like they were making a pretty damned good sandwich all the way through, and then ruined it at the end.
        70' Chevelle RagTop
        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

When I went to NYC I crossed over into NJ and went to JDM in Freehold NJ to get my chip retuned for my Lightning, they I told them I was going to Pats, he told me not to waste my time and sent me to a small place called The Roman Pantry that was off the hook cheese steaks, no cheese whiz there.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

dont wear any hats!

Comment

I just can't see the the logic in blaming a restaurant when you don't know how to order/didn't read the menu. Both Pat's and Geno's are very particular about how to order. If you do it wrong, you'll be sent to the end of the line to try again. There is a gigantic sign at both places telling you how to order. There is even a spot on their website that tells you how to place an order. That's on you, not them. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I actually read the menu when I go somewhere, so there is no chance of syrup on my steak.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
              X