Who works 12's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who works 12's

How many of you's dames work a 12 hr. shift? Do you do anything else when you get off work? I work 7a-7p and have been doing it for a few months. I was working 6p-6a for about 9yrs. but I'm days now. Any who, I feel like I'm getting lazy. When I get off work, I just want to stair at the wall till its time to go back to work the next day. I'm totes brain dead at the end of a shift. Tell me some of our guys are out there working 12s and kicking ass when you get off.....
    Last edited by A+; 07-18-2014, 09:12 AM.
    .....bro....

Even when I was 20 working 12's with an hour lunch and 30 minute break it was a bit of a beating, though better than working a 5 day 40 hour week. 3 on, 4 off, 4 on, 3 off, I just did everything I needed to do on my days off unless it was something pressing. After the 4 on, the first day off I pretty much did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I ever hoped it could be..

Comment

My brother works 12s at the GM plant. He is in skilled trades so he sits around reading a lot. I still think he hates it. Moral of the story being that if you don't like your job any shift length will get old. I love my job and will work 10 hours a day just to get shit done but all I do is sit at a desk and click a mouse and babysit adults.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Couple years ago when I didn't have any kids I was working 12's 6 days a week and still made time to do motor swaps on cars and do all kinds of stuff.
        I hate sitting idle and feeling lazy.

Comment

I work 5- 10's and on call every 4th week 24-7 , my boss is out of control

Comment

Worked 12s for the past 8 years. Love it. When I get off I usually sit and watch some tv til 9 and goto bed. I will never work 8s again if I can help it.

Comment

4:30a to 4:30p here

Comment

im workin' with about 3.5

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I worked 12's sometimes 13-14's 6-7 Days a week for 4 years. That will make an old man out of anyone.
                  "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

4:30 to 4:30 for me. I'm usually pretty useless until the weekend when I sleep in until 7am.

Sometimes I'll work half Fridays and come home take a nap. Other times I work 6 12's.

When my OT got over $100 an hour I seem to work it all I can for now. Want to try and pay off my house in a few years without touching my inheritance.
                    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

I used to work piles of 12's. The important thing is to not let yourself out of responsibilities. Dedicate the first hour of home time to chores, then crack a beer when you're done. It's easy once you get into the rhythm.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                        Worked 12s for the past 8 years. Love it. When I get off I usually sit and watch some tv til 9 and goto bed. I will never work 8s again if I can help it.
                        This. Well except the going to bed at 9 part. Damn you getting old or what?

Sometimes I get off and do stuff, but most of the time I just lay around, go for a swim to relax, etc. Who cares what you get done on the days you work, you have plenty of days off to get things done. I will admit that when I was in warrants for a couple of years, going to bed late, and not having to get up at the crack of dawn was kind of nice. Still I enjoy the days off way more.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

12-14 hour days 6 days per week are the norm for me and have been for the past 26 years. I have been self employed for most of my working life but have done a few corporate gigs over the years.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

7/12 but I live in my office so I can work more or less just depends on how stupid people want to be.
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              I used to work piles of 12's. The important thing is to not let yourself out of responsibilities. Dedicate the first hour of home time to chores, then crack a beer when you're done. It's easy once you get into the rhythm.
                              I think im messing up by eating dinner once i get home around 8p (i ride the train). After i eat, naturally, i want to go to bed. I average 6-7 hrs. of sleep sometimes 5hrs. so im already sleepy and there isnt much i can do as far as house hold chores because it already getting dark. Whats really starting to bother me is that im too tired to do my homework. I dont like to stay up and force myself to finish it because i wont know what the hell i did the next day, especially if its math. Also, i have to be up by 5:40a to catch my train. Maybe i just need to power through it and quit being a bitch. Im no longer in my 20's though, have a shit load of bills and 2 3rd graders. I wish i didnt have to sleep, its such a waste of time....
                              .....bro....

Comment

Working...
                              X