Any areas similar to Europe life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any areas similar to Europe life?

Not sure how to word this exactly, but what Im wondering is...

are there any shopping / restaurant / nightlife kinda areas around DFW that kinda resemble a Europe lifestyle or feel? What I mean is, where everything is kinda within walking distance of each other and maybe even has that look/vibe? buildings made of rock/stone or cottage feel?

I'd say somewhere probably up north where the early European settlers came. Theres still some towns up there that are still very infuenced by their ancestory.

Comment

Not around DFW, dude. Fredericksburg is kind of like that, though.

EDIT: Maybe Grapevine.
      Last edited by YALE; 07-16-2014, 08:10 AM.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Nyc
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

No. I guess in uptown you can walk to a bunch of neat places.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

North Richland Hills.

Comment

Dallas is a commuter town. DFW side streets are 6 lanes wide.

you can find small enclaves where there is a walkable area (Bishop arts district, even Uptown) but you need a city born as a Euro Colony like Boston or New York. Not a frontier town.

Comment

Addison. I went to the Cork & Fork met some people..... ended up on a 3 day fiesta and never once started my pickup.
                If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Comment

The closest you can get in this area would be living in an entertainment district. Downtown Grapevine, The West End, Deep Ellum, Lincoln Square, Downtown Fort Worth, Lower Greenville come to mind.

Comment

The best answer is no, there isn't.

Closest thing I've found (at least on my end of DFW) would be somewhere like Magnolia in Fort Worth's near southside. Most of the buildings are 100ish years old, lots of restaurants and bars, and it's a walking/biking culture. You'll have to wade through hipsters, but that's the case with pretty much anything like that.

Comment

Looks like Europe

Lordy Mercy, why would you want anything like Europe ?

Comment

Certain parts of Garland smell like Europe.

Comment

COTA is like Europe
                          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

thanks for the near southside suggestion. i think that looks like closest to what i had in mind so far. and of course, addison circle isnt bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by 00bolt View Post
                              thanks for the near southside suggestion. i think that looks like closest to what i had in mind so far. and of course, addison circle isnt bad either.
                              They have lots of things going on besides the bars and restaurants. Keep in mind that it is a national historic district, they have all kinds of extra rules if you are looking to buy something.

IN THE NEWS 25 Jun BY Administration Meeting Notes: General Membership - June 24, 2024 Attendees: See sign in sheet Minutes: Call to order: 7:00 PM Andrew Epps welcomed everyone and called the meeting to order. Officer Updates: Fort Worth View More 29 May BY…

Comment

Working...
                              X