Dont order from Autoplicity.com!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont order from Autoplicity.com!

Anyone that orders car parts online, stay away from Autoplicity.com! I thought I was getting a great deal on EBC brake parts for a Cobra that they said were in stock but after a week the order was still not shipped. WTF? I even paid for the quicker shipping option. So I call and have a 30 minute hold time followed by a girl answering and then putting me back on hold. I had a cigarette, did some paperwork and fed the cat when she finally came back on and said "I do not know why it has not shipped yet. I will find out and call you back later today." Later today never came. Waited all day again and then tried to call. Gave up after 40 minutes on hold with the automated message saying I was the first in line and it will be 2 minutes. Tried again and let it sit for 42 (odd) minutes before the same person (female trying to sound American but the inflections were all wrong) came on to put me on hold again. Smoked a cigarette and changed the plugs out on a customers Ranger. Eventually she came back and said they were on backorder. BS. Just called EBC yesterday and they have lots. I demanded a refund in full, used PayPal so I am not worried. Just pulled up everything on Summit and its all in stock, little more money but its Summit so I know there will not be issues. Should have done my homework first and not just looked at the BBB rating.

Yesterday I really searched to see what others had to say and it seems this is what they do. Take your order, take your money, wait for you to complain, say the part is on backorder and then do a refund that is sometimes only a partial refund.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

BBB time.

Comment

before i order online i always review who i am buying from. Better Business Burear is usually what i look at.

Comment

Just read the last line of the first paragraph in my post.
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

before order, is what i meant.

Comment

I did check the BBB before ordering, as stated.

BBB gave them an A+.
            Dig deeper and the reason they get that A is because they always refund.

Comment

Ordered some parts for the wife's new Ram a month or so ago. I ordered on Tuesday and had the parts on Thursday morning by 10am. They told me it would be 7-10 days. I guess they lied to me also.

Comment

Well glad it worked out for you. Kudos.

Comment

I've ordered a few things from them and never had a problem. I have an order with them right now as a matter of fact. My parts are coming straight from the manufacturer though. We'll see how that goes.

Comment

Dude, next time call Jegs or summit and have them price match. This way you get the reliability of their shipping but the better price of autoplicity or auto anything.

I do it all the time!

Comment

Didn't think of that! I haven't placed the Summit order yet so I will be sure to do it. Thanks.

As for the guys having their orders done well, shoots that's great. I guess I am one of the unlucky ones. Being on hold for more than 10 minutes is just a bit much, 30 minutes seems like a fuck you.
                      I order $15,000+ a month in parts and like to find places I can trust. They just are not one of them.

Comment

Autoplicity is just a website, they don't physically stock any parts. Once you place an order they ship through one of many wholesalers that has the part in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          Autoplicity is just a website, they don't physically stock any parts. Once you place an order they ship through one of many wholesalers that has the part in stock.
                          yup, very few places actually have the part on hand to ship out.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                            yup, very few places actually have the part on hand to ship out.
                            We do.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                              We do.
                              we do too, but we are not online only.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X