Cop kills pet dog in parked car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    To be fair, this was in Idaho, where it is currently 70something degrees.
    That's what I was going to comment. I was up in Wisconsin a couple weeks ago and took notice of how often you see it up that way...lots of cars at stores and such with the windows cracked and a dog inside. Not really an issue and a lot more common up north, since it's much cooler out.
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      I think a good deterrent would be to charge the officer who shot your dog with the same offense that you incur when you shoot a police K9
      I was just about to post the same thing. If they hold their animals as officers, then citizens animals should have the same basic rights as humans who get shot by LEO's.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
        Looks like the windows were down, which would be the only way the dog could lunge out the window.

The high yesterday was upper 80's in Coeur d Alene, Idaho. [source]www.intellicast.com[/source] Story said Wednesday morning, low temp Wednesday morning was in the upper 50's. So maybe in the 70's when the dog was shot.
        To be fair, this was in Idaho, where it is currently 70something degrees.
        True, but still... I think it's bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
          And why is that? If it isn't hot, it isn't hot. My dog rides in the car with me, when temps allow it. Of course in TX, that only means a couple months a year. But this wasn't in TX. Things are done a lot differently up North, and in small towns in general. It makes me nervous as shit to see a dog in the back of the truck in DFW. But in rural areas, it doesn't make me nervous at all. That's just what they do.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I think a good deterrent would be to charge the officer who shot your dog with the same offense that you incur when you shoot a police K9
            Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            I was just about to post the same thing. If they hold their animals as officers, then citizens animals should have the same basic rights as humans who get shot by LEO's.
            I'm a derp.
            Last edited by Unicorn Jeff; 07-10-2014, 02:59 PM.

Comment

how did the dog lunge at him and take a bullet through the window into his chest?

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                how did the dog lunge at him and take a bullet through the window into his chest?
                Exactly, I don't know how many times I've walked past a car and a dog has acted aggressive inside of it. Not once did I fear for my life or feel the need to pull out my concealed and shoot it, because all they can do is stick their head out with the window like that. Don't stick your hands in and you don't have anything to worry about.

Comment

Ummm no. Punish the officer, not another animal.
                  Are you fucking with us, or can you not read? Nobody said anything about shooting another dog.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Are you fucking with us, or can you not read? Nobody said anything about shooting another dog.
                    Well apparently I can't multitask very well. LMFAO!!! Derp moment of the day.

Comment

I hate when this shit happens.You have to understand that some officer's will never use there weapon while on duty, this is a perfect situation to do just that. It "lunged" at me or "I was in fear for my life" is a easy way to get out of trouble while using there weapon on a animal that can't take his ass to court. Most of them are trigger happy, did he really think this dog was going to jump through the glass and bite him in the dick?? Lol The pet owner should have shoot the officer just for the hell of it. He was armed and looking for a suspect and all that was there was a dog, he didn't want to leave without something accomplished for the day.

Comment

Of course. It's called "Target Practice."

Comment

Originally posted by slowturbocar View Post
                          I hate when this shit happens.You have to understand that some officer's will never use there weapon while on duty, this is a perfect situation to do just that. It "lunged" at me or "I was in fear for my life" is a easy way to get out of trouble while using there weapon on a animal that can't take his ass to court. Most of them are trigger happy, did he really think this dog was going to jump through the glass and bite him in the dick?? Lol The pet owner should have shoot the officer just for the hell of it. He was armed and looking for a suspect and all that was there was a dog, he didn't want to leave without something accomplished for the day.
                          It makes me glad that you do not post very often. That was ridiculously difficult to make sense of.

Comment

Originally posted by kanetrain View Post
                            I'm all for animal rights and all that(please don't come shoot my nice little pug), but that's a stupid ass statement.
                            I was not saying that someone should do it. I am simply telling you that it will take something that extreme before law enforcement changes their behavior; and in all likelihood it will take more then 1 time.

My dog goes with me to work everyday. She will also jump through the trucks window into the cab to take a nap if she gets bored even when it is 100+ outside. I leave both windows down for her and she can get out and jump into a pool if she gets hot.
                            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

This. I have never understood how they can put a higher value on the life of a service dog just because of its training... Yet have no value for the life of other peoples animals. They have no idea what purpose the dog they just killed served for that owner, yet they can take its life consequence free. Fucking ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Cop kills pet dog in parked car

Originally posted by kanetrain View Post
                                I'm all for animal rights and all that(please don't come shoot my nice little pug), but that's a stupid ass statement.

I disagree. Fuck trigger happy cops. Let them be on the receiving end of the shooting.
                                Last edited by davbrucas; 07-11-2014, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X