Cop kills pet dog in parked car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop kills pet dog in parked car

Turns out it was a lab and the windows were partially rolled up.

COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho—An officer shot and killed a pit bull on Wednesday morning near 8th Street and Sherman. Investigators described the dog as a “vicious” pit bull and said it lunged at the officer. However, the dog's owner said the dog was not a pit bull but a black lab.

The incident began Wednesday morning when an officer responded to call about a suspicious van. The caller claimed the driver of van was watching young children from a nearby parking lot. The owners of coffee shop reported the white van because they thought it was possibly connected to child luring case.

When an officer approached the van with his gun drawn, the dog lunged out of the open driver’s side window according to Coeur d’Alene Police Department leaders. The officer said the pit bull lunged at his face. Investigators said the officer fired one round from his service weapon and shot the dog in the chest. The dog later died.

The driver of the van, Craig Jones, was not in the vehicle at the time of the shooting. Jones said he was nearby eating breakfast when the shooting happened.

“This still isn’t even real to me,” Jones told KREM 2 News.

Jones raised the two-year-old black lab named Arfie and said the dog did not have a mean bone in his body.

“If my dog is barking and wondering who's peering through the windows he doesn't care if you're a cop, an attorney, or President Bush. He doesn't know any difference ,” said Jones.

Coeur d’Alene OD leaders said the officer who shot the dog was distraught following the incidence. Authorities also said they believe the child predator who has been spotted in a similar white van is still on the loose.

I've had it with cops killing pets. I only pray that a cop doesn't kill or hurt any of my dogs because they are too fucking ready to shoot something.

I'm really curious if there is any effort by police departments to - i don't know - encourage restraint?

Where the fuck is this going to end? Cop shoots a dog, then the dog owner kills the cop? Is that what is needed, some kind of consequence?

Right now, all thats gonna happen is the officer "feels bad".

Well fuck.

The murder of peoples pets is well established police policy. It isn't going to stop until several officers start getting killed for each dog that they kill. If an officer knew that killing a dog meant that one or more of his brothers was going to be murdered he would not pull the trigger.

I meet strange dogs almost daily and have had many of them approach me aggressively and yet I have some how managed not to harm a single one. Why can't officers behave the same way?
    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 07-10-2014, 08:36 AM.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I like that he didn't acknowledge our current president.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
        I like that he didn't acknowledge our current president.

That would have been racist. It is probably racist that you brought it up. Someone call Jesse Jackson and check for a ruling.
        class joke
        {
        private:
        char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
        double Peas, Carrots;
        string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
        };

Comment

I know this sucks and it makes me sad what happened. But it actually passes me off even MORE that these asshole keep leaving there pets in the car while they go shopping or eat. Are you Fucking kidding me!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
            I know this sucks and it makes me sad what happened. But it actually passes me off even MORE that these asshole keep leaving there pets in the car while they go shopping or eat. Are you Fucking kidding me!?!
            Looks like the windows were down, which would be the only way the dog could lunge out the window.

The high yesterday was upper 80's in Coeur d Alene, Idaho. [source]www.intellicast.com[/source] Story said Wednesday morning, low temp Wednesday morning was in the upper 50's. So maybe in the 70's when the dog was shot.
            class joke
            {
            private:
            char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
            double Peas, Carrots;
            string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
            };

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
              But it actually passes me off even MORE that these asshole keep leaving there pets in the car while they go shopping or eat. Are you Fucking kidding me!?!
              To be fair, this was in Idaho, where it is currently 70something degrees.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Every time an FTP story is posted by someone other than frost, I imagine it's him away from his computer instructing someone else to post on his behalf a link his mobile phone ftp app just gave him a notification for.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                  It isn't going to stop until several officers start getting killed for each dog that they kill. If an officer knew that killing a dog meant that one or more of his brothers was going to be murdered he would not pull the trigger.
                  I'm all for animal rights and all that(please don't come shoot my nice little pug), but that's a stupid ass statement.

Comment

Originally posted by kanetrain View Post
                    I'm all for animal rights and all that(please don't come shoot my nice little pug), but that's a stupid ass statement.
                    But yet it's a true one. Until government and their agents realize a personal cost to depriving citizens of life, liberty or property without due process, it's just going to get worse.

Also, that puppy looks like my Dante.
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                      Every time an FTP story is posted by someone other than frost, I imagine it's him away from his computer instructing someone else to post on his behalf a link his mobile phone ftp app just gave him a notification for.
                      You'll have to forgive me, I've been lax on the FTP threads of late. I've been busy.

Comment

Do police officers have to go through any sort of K9/animal situational training at all?

Comment

Do police officers have to go through any sort of K9/animal situational training at all?
                          Of course. It's called "Target Practice."

Comment

Killing them is extreme, but they need to be held accountable. Either by allowing victims to go after them financially, or by actually filing criminal charges. I understand that the system is in place to protect the good officers that make a mistake, and to stop random people from suing because they got a speeding ticket, but it's used to shield the assholes more than anything.

If you could come after their money and personal property in court, things would change in a hurry. If things don't change, they will fuck with the wrong guy and that guy is going to shed blood.

Comment

I think a good deterrent would be to charge the officer who shot your dog with the same offense that you incur when you shoot a police K9

Comment

Working...
                              X