Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Billy the Kid Outlaw/Kennedy Assasination/Go To Hell Bin Laden Museum in Canton? - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billy the Kid Outlaw/Kennedy Assasination/Go To Hell Bin Laden Museum in Canton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy the Kid Outlaw/Kennedy Assasination/Go To Hell Bin Laden Museum in Canton?

I've driven by this place countless times over the years and always wondered about it, but never stopped to investigate as it seemed shady as fuck/possible murderrape. I noticed over the weekend some signage was gone and the place has either been sold or is for sale. I'm betting it will just be torn down.

After some googling I didn't find much, but did run across a small photo album someone shared here:

Anyone ever check it out for the hell of it?

Strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      I've driven by this place countless times over the years and always wondered about it, but never stopped to investigate as it seemed shady as fuck/possible murderrape. I noticed over the weekend some signage was gone and the place has either been sold or is for sale. I'm betting it will just be torn down.
      I drove by it about 2-3 months ago and it was closed and for sale. Not sure how it survived for as long as it did, unless the the guy running the place owned the building
      Last edited by John -- '02 HAWK; 07-09-2014, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Apparently the place was owned by a "historian" named Jannay Valdez. His focus was on Billy the Kid, Bonnie & Clyde and the Kennedy assassination. It appears the place was sold at his retirement auction, but any info related to place is sparse, sketchy, creepy, and/or interesting.
        A lot of the searching surrounds the basic idea that BTK was not killed by Pat Garrett and escaped to live on as "Brushy Bill" Roberts in Hamilton, TX until his death in 1950. There were actually plans to exhume the body for DNA testing, yet it was struck down by the city council of Hamilton. I'll spare the rest, but if you're in to that kind of stuff or bored, there's more out there.

I'm not sure if this belongs under this heading, but I wondered if anyone had heard anything from the Steve Sederwell investigation and DNA study from a while back. The last thing I saw was that

Comment

Wife has family near there and stopped in ONCE. This here stick was for Billy the Kids horse that he tied it to. was the best one. Bunch of news paper headlines about the JFK shooting with Bonnie and Clyde.

We were blowing time and it worked. Gave the till $4.00 whole dollars and laughed ever time we go by, Got asked if we need any fishing worms,cheap.

Had to pass on that.

Anyone gone to Santa land out there yet?

Comment

I drove by that place I bet 100 times, I always wanted to stop but never did.

Comment

Nothing more than First Monday squalor... that rat hole has been there for a long time and needs a good coat of fire.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post

Anyone gone to Santa land out there yet?
                Not yet, but we plan to. We'll probably try and go late November before it gets crazy busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                  Not yet, but we plan to. We'll probably try and go late November before it gets crazy busy.
                  There's a pretty good amount of lights and there are a few other things to do other than look at the lights. My kids enjoy it, but make sure you're there an hour before opening, the line gets long fast.

Comment

Working...
                  X