Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any demand for spray chrome(cosmichrome)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any demand for spray chrome(cosmichrome)?

Iv been looking up setup's to chrome different parts on my 1940 Cadillac. I was forwarded a link for a company that sells setup's for spray chrome. After posting about it in the pic and vid section a board member sent me a pm saying they had a setup that their selling.
    To send out everything on the caddy that needs to be chromed it's gonna cost me $18,000-20,000. My thinking is that I could buy this spray chrome setup and not only shoot everything on my caddy but I could also spray chrome items for people in order to make some extra cash to fund the caddy project. You can spray chrome almost any material so it wouldnt be limited to automotive metal parts. I'm just no sure how much profit there would be because the chemicals to spray chrome are expensive.
    Thoughts?
    One of our many customers that had to switch to Cosmichrome to produce professional results. Eventually he also retro-fitted his system with our e-Gun™ to re...

you have the place and booth to shoot it?

Also, you will probably run into people who will bring you junk and expect a perfect chrome paint job. The prep is key.. better have a knack for bodywork

Comment

Is it like paint? Where you have to have a system to catch the fumes.

Comment

If I needed to have stuff chromed, and there was a place locally that did the spray chrome at a reasonable rate, I'd do it.

When I first watched videos of that stuff some time last year, I thought it was pretty badass. It's certainly got to be much much cheaper than to have everything actually chrome plated.

How durable is the stuff?
        --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
          If I needed to have stuff chromed, and there was a place locally that did the spray chrome at a reasonable rate, I'd do it.

When I first watched videos of that stuff some time last year, I thought it was pretty badass. It's certainly got to be much much cheaper than to have everything actually chrome plated.

How durable is the stuff?
          I dont know how durable it is. That's another thing I need to find out about.

Comment

Stuff looks pretty neat. You can spray different tints of chrome and you can spray it on glass, plastic, any metal, and wood.

Comment

Depending on cost I might be interested.

Comment

Can I get a chrome-plated SN-95 V6?
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  Can I get a chrome-plated SN-95 V6?
                  I am honestly thinking of a chrome plated race bike

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                    You don't have a hair on your ass if you don't do that, now.

Comment

You don't have a hair on your ass if you don't do that, now.
                      I think it would look retarded awesome. I have to decide what bike I would want to do first. The R1 is going to be for sale soon and I am about to get my hands on another bike ... I dont think I want to do that one eather.

Comment

Chrome '06 RC51, with a matte black anti-glare section on top of the tank. Mid-50's fighter jet style.
                        Last edited by YALE; 02-01-2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Chrome '06 RC51, with a matte black anti-glare section on top of the tank. Mid-50's fighter jet style.
                          not a fan of the v-twins in a sport bike. I like my inline 4s. Whatever I do this to I have to want to keep for a long time ... I am sure that it is gonna be a few bucks.

Comment

Hmmmm..... Maybe an '80's sport bike in that kind of paint? I need some weirdness, broseph.

EDIT: Ducati 750 TT1/F1?
                            Last edited by YALE; 02-01-2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                              Ill make you a deal if I do buy the setup. You pay for the chemicals to spray it and Ill do the labor for free. But I get to take photos to showcase it.
                              Last edited by stephen4785; 02-01-2011, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X