Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty sure I now have a shrimp allergy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trill working the wheel, a pimp not a simp
    Keep the dope fiends higher than the Goodyear Blimp
    We eat so many shrimp, I got iodine poisoning
    Fuck niggas make me sick with all that pinchin' and bargaining

God bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Alcohol allergy, that's just not right

Comment

I must be eating the wrong shrimp. I mean it's good and all but, if it seems like it might try to kill me, I think I could step away from it without having to experiment before I saw a doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
          You're flirting with disaster..you've developed a shellfish allergy. The fact that you had throat tightness and lip/mouth swelling is concerning that you could develop anaphylaxis. Just taking benadryl wont be enough...I would recommend having an epi-pen handy.
          Or... don't eat shellfish.

Comment

I developed an allergy to kiwi when I was 25. Ate it my whole life and love it, then one day out of the blue I was allergic to it. Never had a food allergy before that, and none since, just kiwi. Took me months to figure out what it was since the symptoms took a few hours to appear and I really had to think and narrow down all the food I had eaten those days to figure it out. My solution was to not eat kiwi anymore. I like kiwi, but I like breathing better.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
              I developed an allergy to kiwi when I was 25.
              Isn't that crazy? Oysters did the same thing to me when I was about 23. I get violent food poisoning for 2-4 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                Or... don't eat shellfish.
                anybody who knows they're susceptible to anaphylactic shock should carry an epi-pen IMO. just in case
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Yep, going through this with my kiddo right now. She is level 2 and 3 on several items, so we're starting to carry the epi-pen.

/Molly Hatchet

Comment

Any Docs want to chime in on how allergies like this can be late to develop in your life? That's kind of scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      anybody who knows they're susceptible to anaphylactic shock should carry an epi-pen IMO. just in case
                      That's what I meant with my post...not that I was condoning him eating shrimp as long as he had benadryl and an epi pen.

Comment

Its your body tell you shrimp is awful.
                        Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          Any Docs want to chime in on how allergies like this can be late to develop in your life? That's kind of scary.
                          I dont believe that the reason why this happens is understood. But, for some reason, your immune system starts to think that harmless food products are dangerous and triggers an antibody called IgE to develop and bind to this "antigen" which triggers a cascade of events releasing histamine and other inflammatory markers. This is what causes the allergic reaction.

Comment

I dont believe that the reason why this happens is understood. But, for some reason, your immune system starts to think that harmless food products are dangerous and triggers an antibody called IgE to develop and bind to this "antigen" which triggers a cascade of events releasing histamine and other inflammatory markers. This is what causes the allergic reaction.
                            I know allergies aren't a "new" thing, but it seems like within the last 20 or so years you hear about more and more seasonal and odd food allergies. Interesting how the the body works. Thanks for the explanation!

Comment

That's what I meant with my post...not that I was condoning him eating shrimp as long as he had benadryl and an epi pen.
                              that's what I got from it, just helping to clarify
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                                Alcohol allergy, that's just not right
                                Yeah, she wasn't and still isn't amused about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X