Mustangs and ice........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustangs and ice........

Man, I am seeing a lot of Mustangs struggling in the ice today. One guy was blocking and intersection going back and forth trying to get it going. Funny thing is , he kept rolling past a dry spot every time. I guess he wanted to make sure he was still in the ice.

he was just melting the ice for the other drivers with that all mustang powa

Comment

The only vehicle Iv seen stuck today has been a 97-98 mustang.

Comment

Only vehicle I've seen stuck is a 09` Lexus of some sort.... He got stuck in the McD parking lot and couldn't get anywhere. Correction! McD drive-thru.

Comment

Made it home this morning (6:30 am) from downtown garland driving the GT. Didnt really have too many issues other than the normal dumbasses doing 30 or 40 mph.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
            Made it home this morning (6:30 am) from downtown garland driving the GT. Didnt really have too many issues other than the normal dumbasses doing 30 or 40 mph.
            ? I was going 25-30 this morning on 75 and about 15-20mph on 635 headed from mockingbird & 75 to Midway & 635 at 7:30 this morning.

Are you complaining because that's too fast or too slow? I think I read your post wrong.

Comment

30 mph on highway 78 was way too damn fast for the condition of the road. No idea what 75 or 635 were like.
              Jon

Comment

I did a steady 35-40 mph on 114 to and from work today. It wasn't that bad as long as you weren't gassing it over the overpasses and slamming the brakes every time there was a transition or a hill.
                01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

No problems at all for me in my Mustang last night or this morning.
                  "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                  George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Treadhead View Post
                    No problems at all for me in my Mustang last night or this morning.
                    If there is ice on the road I dont drive period. I got stuck on a bridge last year and learned my lesson. Nothing bad happened but it scared me alot. its just not worth the risk
                    BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
                    I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
                    PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1

Comment

I did some sliding on the not busy roads but the highways were fine except one bridge.

Leaving work at 12 to head back home. Ugh.
                      2014 GT
                      2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Go that way really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

Comment

Ive had my fair share of stangs and i will say a GTO cant be much better..
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

for about 10 minutes earlier I watched a newer V6 mustang coupe try its best to climb a relatively small hill on the service road in Dville. I quit watching and went to Costco. When I left an hour later it was gone and the road had barricades in front of it so not sure if it made it or turned around. Theres a reason I left my Trans Am parked...it doesn't do so well in ice.

Comment

The last time I tried to drive my mustang in ice I ended up cutting the wheel and flooring it until I parked next to a curb. I made it 2 blocks on a flat road.

Comment

Working...
                              X