Who names wheel types?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who names wheel types?

Has anyone else wondered this? Is there some secret commission on wheel type names? Waffles, Wagon Wheels, 10 holes, turbines, ponies? I get that some are probably obvious (10 holes), but has anyone else wondered this? The moment a car is released there's new weird names for wheels. Are they named by the manufacturer in the original sales brochures?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

I need pictures of the Waffles.

Comment

Salad shooters FTW

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        I need pictures of the Waffles.
        Ever seen them powder coated blue? They are really awesome looking. Google them.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

centerline billet 5 star hammers! 20yrs later and these are still my favorite wheels evar. looked dope on my 85 c10 with the belltech 5/7 drop.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Cragar S/S > *

Edit: for older cars

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              Ever seen them powder coated blue? They are really awesome looking. Google them.
              well done!

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                Ehh, not feeling it.
                For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

I always want to name parts completely random names on some of my designs...but I never follow through. Stupid corporate standards. My parts also aren't wheels.

Comment

S197 Fan Blades
                    Originally posted by Buzzo
                    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

pizza cutters

Comment

CCR 4life

Comment

So it assumes no one knows or has wondered where these names come from?

Comment

In 1971 president Eisenhower commissioned the FBoWN or Federal Bureau of Wheel Naming in response to the French and Indian war and the ensuing Great Depression of '88. The FBoWN, while under funded, was responsible for over over 3 million wheel names and paved the way OPEC

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
                              In 1971 president Eisenhower commissioned the FBoWN or Federal Bureau of Wheel Naming in response to the French and Indian war and the ensuing Great Depression of '88. The FBoWN, while under funded, was responsible for over over 3 million wheel names and paved the way OPEC
                              I added this to the Wikipedia page.

Comment

Working...
                              X