No announcement yet.

Unmarked Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understood. Patrol generally is marked, but interdiction be it highway or drug, are usually slicktops. Sometimes they'll get sneaky and use black/dark gray vinyl on a black car so that it *is* marked, however not really visible unless you're looking right at it.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
      Understood. Patrol generally is marked, but interdiction be it highway or drug, are usually slicktops. Sometimes they'll get sneaky and use black/dark gray vinyl on a black car so that it *is* marked, however not really visible unless you're looking right at it.
      Yeah, I've seen that as well. Whatever stealth mode they use is generally blown by the 30+ mph that Cali cops roll at compared to normal drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
        It's a freaking mini van
        They use unmarked minivans and SUVs here, First time I saw one with a guy pulled over I did a double take. I assume they are for drug related deals where they are watching people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          "Had" could be the keyword. It also could have been specific to patrol units.
          Must have been, because I recall seeing unmarked cars there my whole life. Mainly detective cars and the like though. Don't recall if I ever say someone pulled over by an unmarked car.

Oh, and regarding this story.. The sticker was obviously a joke and silly to imply she should or could be charged with impersonating a police officer.

Comment

Grapevine has a couple stealth units and their only markings are clear reflective 'tape' that the normal units have.

Comment

I see you've been through Mansfield...
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
              X