Credit Karma...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Sometimes the truth needs to get out there.
    The truth is that if you had to turn to Dave Ramsey for advice then it's overwhelmingly likely that you suck at managing finances and have no business preaching to others about how to manage theirs.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace "graduates" are like Crossfitters and Vegans. They don't shut the fuck up about it.
    Fucking spot on.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      The truth is that if you had to turn to Dave Ramsey for advice then it's overwhelmingly likely that you suck at managing finances and have no business preaching to others about how to manage theirs.
      It really feels like a 12 step program, and he is the sponsor.

Comment

Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace "graduates" are like Crossfitters and Vegans. They don't shut the fuck up about it.
        Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        It really feels like a 12 step program, and he is the sponsor.
        luz...

Who in the fuck brought this old ass thread back up, WHO!
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

*****Applause*****

Comment

Damn, Brent. This may be one of the funniest posts ever on here.

I love how everyone has an opinion on debt, credit scores, etc. I have typical revolving balance totals of 15-20K across 2 cards. Much of it is work stuff that gets reimbursed. I pay it all each month so the only thing I collect is points instead of paying interest. I have 4 titles in the safe and have mortgages on 2 properties, both with a ton of equity in them and both in growth areas. I live in one and the other is a rental. I have no problem with the kind of debt I have.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
              Debt for the right real estate, be it a primary residence or an investment property is not always a bad idea. Leverage can be your friend, but it can also be your enemy if you choose wrong.
              I see this all the time in regard to real estate and it certainly follows through to commercial real estate. But we have lived in an environment of declining rates for decades. We are now living in an environment of increasing rates. This could easily be a paradigm shift. The jury is still out of course.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                I see this all the time in regard to real estate and it certainly follows through to commercial real estate. But we have lived in an environment of declining rates for decades. We are now living in an environment of increasing rates. This could easily be a paradigm shift. The jury is still out of course.
                True, but locking in some "good" debt with the current low interest rate environment isn't necessarily a bad idea for a lot of people, especially for principal residences.
                Ford
                GM
                Toyota
                VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                  True, but locking in some "good" debt with the current low interest rate environment isn't necessarily a bad idea for a lot of people, especially for principal residences.
                  Good debt only exists because of increasing values, that is no longer a given.
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Do we need a trigger warning for Dave Ramsey quotes?

LOL
                    class joke
                    {
                    private:
                    char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                    double Peas, Carrots;
                    string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                    };

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Good debt only exists because of increasing values, that is no longer a given.
                      Increasing values and/or sufficient necessary utility to justify the associated cost/qualify of life improvement. Even if values flat line or decrease over a long period of time (unlikely, but possible), people still need a place to live and mortgage debt tied to historical low rates is still likely a better long-term solution than renting an apartment or house where there is no guarantee of frozen rents.

I'll take a 30 year fixed mortgage on a decent house at a rate of ~3% any day over a crappy apartment/rent house.
                      Ford
                      GM
                      Toyota
                      VAG

Comment

Working...
                      X