Look what followed me home today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what followed me home today

I found this for $300 and had to go get her. She turns over but the floats in the carb are stuck. She's been in the field for a decade because the old man who drove her got a flat and was too old to change the tire so he said "fuck it" and left it in the field and bought another truck. His grandson sold it to me today. She's a 1970 F250 Camper Special with a 390 and 4 speed manual. This thing has 4 tanks, 2 main tanks and 2 secondary tanks that you access the filler tubes behind the rear wheel wells.

I drug her up my trailer and discovered she doesn't have a sign of brakes.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Looks like work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

That's just like my grandfathers old truck. I have a lot of memories riding in the bed of that thing.

Comment

I'm no mechanic but my little brother is. I'm going to be doing all the pretty, pretty and he's going to be doing the mechanicals. I figure I can throw a couple hundred dollars on repairs and still find her a good home with a bit of a profit.

Edit: Her radiator is blown so it came with a spare, a spare alternator, starter, tire, tire chains and other stuff I haven't looked at yet.

Comment

That's a MANLY truck, or it will turn you into a man. No power brakes, no power steering and I bet it has a hard ass clutch too.

Comment

I thought it was going to be a picture of the police

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              She's been in the field for a decade because the old man who drove her got a flat and was too old to change the tire so he said "fuck it" and left it in the field and bought another truck. His grandson sold it to me today.
              The grandson couldn't change a tire?

Comment

Someone has swapped the valve covers and air cleaner for pre 67 ones, or the entire engine has been swapped. Is it a 4V? Most 390’s would have a 4V carb if not it is most likely a 360. Good buy for $300.

I have a Crown Vic front end swap and 4 bar Crown Vic rear end in the 61 F100 SWB that I am doing now. For the price of a complete front end compared to rebuilding the stock twin I beam in the 66 and later Fords it is a good deal considering how easy it is too bolt in.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                  That's a MANLY truck, or it will turn you into a man. No power brakes, no power steering and I bet it has a hard ass clutch too.
                  Mine had no AC and no heater. It was all you could handle driving it in heavy traffic for any extended period of time.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'd part it out, personally
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      I'd part it out, personally
                      Woodgas conversion, dude.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Uncle Jessie would approve.

Comment

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                            Woodgas conversion, dude.
                            I considered that actually. She is idling right now

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              Mine had no AC and no heater. It was all you could handle driving it in heavy traffic for any extended period of time.
                              That's when trucks were built for work.

I mean the new trucks are nice and cushy, but I miss having all this cavernous space around my feet, rubber floors to hose down, and room on the bench seat to pull my honey over to sit next to me. I don't care for the huge built in consoles between seats these days, but I'm weird like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X