dfwm detectives...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 01svtboy View Post
    They painted a bed for an f250 a while back, he reached out to me asking for work. so i tried to help him out just to get bit in the ass.

So i went by there in things were closed. The mechanic shop that shares the building told me that they only work at night.. he said if i wanted to find him to go late at night. they usually work till 3-4am... I need to confirm his home address so i can roll by there and see if my car is there.
    I live really close to the Corinth address, I can drive by after work on sat. if you have any pics to match up by that would aid in this escapade

Comment

maybe contacting Better Business Bureau. or if they have a HR dept

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        If the car is gone, how is that not theft? What the hell is going on on this planet?
        Oh yeah, if you are a business, then criminal laws don't apply. Same fucking thing that happened to me with Sanchez's junkyard. The real pisser is that if you handle it yourself in the way that it SHOULD be handled, then you are the criminal.

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
        maybe contacting Better Business Bureau. or if they have a HR dept
        Been there, done that and no result.

Comment

I need to confirm his home address so i can roll by there and see if my car is there.
          And if you have the title in hand with an extra set of keys, help yourself.

Comment

Just guessing....you don't have the title in your name? If you have the title in your name and you have paperwork showing it was dropped off at a place of business. Call the police from his business to report it stolen. Let them know you stopped by to check on the progress of the work and the owner told you once it was towed and another time he said an employee took it. That should sound an alarm.

If you don't have a title in your name.....you are screwed. Body shops know "flippers" try to jump the title. And if the car is not registered to the person that brought it in for work. That presents a golden opportunity for a shady business.
            Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 06-28-2014, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Yep i have to go ahead and transfer it in my name. Ive tried going up there but they are never there.

John... its a a silver 99 accord plate bgz9513 should have repainted front and rear bumpers.. and a few scratches on the back pass side door as eell as a broken hub cap.

Comment

John... its a a silver 99 accord plate bgz9513 should have repainted front and rear bumpers.. and a few scratches on the back pass side door as eell as a broken hub cap.
                as of 5:30ish all that was out front of that address was a green scion (I think its a scion)

Comment

Thanks for going by. I went by there yesterday and knocked on the door.. his wife yelled through the door that he wasn't there... im sure he was because a normal person would answer the door, that and she has never met me and has never seen my truck.

Comment

got my car back, no work was done either.. he didn't say what happened. He did offer to do a full paint job and what not for all the trouble and bs.. I thought about it but i asked myself what i would advice a friend in the same predicament. I'd say go get your shit before something else happens, so I refused it and just went strait to pick up. "fool me once"

And nope he "still doesn't know what happened to it". just glad i got it back.

Comment

lol, what, the car just slipped into a black hole for awhile then magically reappeared? You made the right choice.

Comment

How many more miles does the car have on it now? May make sure it's not a "hot" car now

Comment

Originally posted by thomasblively View Post
                          How many more miles does the car have on it now? May make sure it's not a "hot" car now

Thanks for the advice. Gonna get new plates etc..

Comment

Yep i have to go ahead and transfer it in my name. Ive tried going up there but they are never there.

How much was her charging you for said work?

Comment

Working...
                            X