Yet another reason to hate Canada...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another reason to hate Canada...

Michael Vick ain't got nuthin' on these Canucks. I hate reading about this kind of shit And if I was the employee instructed to do this, I would have told them to get bent.

100 sled dogs in Whistler killed after Winter Olympics

VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- An organization that fights animal abuse is calling the slaughter of 100 sled dogs by an outdoor adventure company in British Columbia a bloodbath and police are investigating.

The British Columbia SPCA's manager of animal cruelty investigations said Monday an Outdoor Adventures Whistler employee was told to cull the dogs. He has since been granted workers' compensation benefits for post traumatic stress disorder following the killings last April.

Marcie Moriarty says some dogs were shot, while others' throats were slit before their bodies were pitched into a mass grave. "It can only be described as a massacre," she said.

Vancouver radio station CKNW radio is reporting that the company expected more sledding business in an anticipated post-Olympics tourism boom. But the boom never materialized and the sled dogs were killed last April.

Graham Aldcroft of Adventures West said, "there was an expectation that if euthanizing was required, it would be done so in an appropriate, humane and legal manner."

The Globe and Mail reported Monday that Tourism Whistler announced it was suspending reservations for dog sledding at Outdoor Adventures Whistler during the investigation.

Such good dogs, too. What a shame.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

fucking idiots. i wish them death.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Such good dogs, too. What a shame.
        I know, right? To kill them after investing so much into training and conditioning them, so stupid.

Comment

Seriously, fuck those cunts.

Comment

I hope they die in a fire!
            Originally posted by Nash B.
            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I'm a serious misanthrope, so stories about humans like this don't faze me, but dogs ...Fuck that!!
              Ded

Comment

That was a (very bad) decision made by a private business, had nothing to do with "Canada". Do you hate the USA when US companies kill thousands of animals used in lab testing?

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
                  That was a (very bad) decision made by a private business, had nothing to do with "Canada". Do you hate the USA when US companies kill thousands of animals used in lab testing?
                  <------Location check
                  Originally posted by Nash B.
                  Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Wow... That's fucking terrible.

Comment

Working...
                    X