No announcement yet.

Son rolled a stop sign - options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive been there. Found an attorney that charged 35 bucks for traffic tickets, so speeding, rolling the sign, etc didnt mean shit. It was just a more expensive night out. He switched to DWI only a few years back, though. Never had a ticket on my record, and only one went deferred.

Lawyer up.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      Also just because he tells his dad he "rolled" a stop sign, does not mean he didn't take it on two wheels at 50 mph. I don't write "rolled" stop sign tickets, you have to moving right a long and barely tap the brakes, or not touch them at all. I also put in the comments section the approximate speed they were going and we pull the video for court, they back up for a minute now. Results may vary a lot among officers, but most kids now days are of the not my fault variety. Or the kid may have been hauling ass, popo was not at a angle to get him on radar and just got him for rolling the first stop sign he came to. Still would have just been a good strong verbal from me but everyone is different. I know those guys that would write their damn mother.
      I got a ticket for rolling a stop sign the day I got my license. I pulled up the sign, stopped, waited for a car to clear the intersection, plugged my phone into the charger, changed a cd, then got ready to go. A car was parked curbside, I couldnt see around it so i pulled forward slightly, there was no traffic coming so I went ahead and went. The chicken shit officer hiding behind a residential fence could only see me pull out and go due to the same parked car. So he wrote me a ticket. All it did was lead me to believe, and i still believe to this day, most traffic cops are arrogant assholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        I got a citation for the weakest stop sign roll ever in Garland when I was about 17. Made me pay more attention to look for cops.

I turn left on red arrows if there's nobody coming because I'm not a fucking robot who can't think for myself.
        Yep.

Comment

^In a very specific situation thats legal in Texas.

Comment

Don't run/roll stopsigns at night. That's what a lot of Keller PD guys do since we are a boring city.

Comment

As a minor, it shouldn't go on his record. Once he turns 18 it should wipe clean. Right?
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                As a minor, it shouldn't go on his record. Once he turns 18 it should wipe clean. Right?
                Not unless Texas has changed laws since 2003. Also just because it doesnt show up on your state record doesnt mean it wont show up on an insurance MVR. My arrest from 2005 still shows up on an MVR.

Comment

Originally posted by xplosiv View Post
                  ^In a very specific situation thats legal in Texas.
                  Don't hold out on us..

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    I got a citation for the weakest stop sign roll ever in Garland when I was about 17. Made me pay more attention to look for cops.

I turn left on red arrows if there's nobody coming because I'm not a fucking robot who can't think for myself.
                    Same here. The dumbest fucking thing in this country.

I've also had people that will wait (After I've gone) and chase me down to give me a shitty look. The stupidity of people is increasing as fast as mexicans breed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Don't hold out on us..
                      Sitting in the left turn lane or a single lane road turning left onto a 1 way road. Only reason I know that is that exact question was the only one I missed on my written driving test.

Comment

Originally posted by xplosiv View Post
                        Sitting in the left turn lane or a single lane road turning left onto a 1 way road. Only reason I know that is that exact question was the only one I missed on my written driving test.
                        Oh, hell, I knew that. It's the same as a right on red at most intersections.

Comment

Working...
                        X