Vaccine Deniers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zyoul8r View Post
    being in the military, i am basically the government's pin cushion that has no voice in stopping whatever they want to inject in me. Like most military members here, i've gotten anthrax, small pox, yellow fever, and a bunch of other shit that i'll never need an immunity to. Once i got 5 shots in one sitting and got extremely sick the next day.

We choose to not completely vaccinate our daughters for several reasons, but mostly because we can. Like sig posted above, vaccinations are full of unsafe by-products that most people don't know about. I don't think it makes me a hippie or one that doesn't care about the health of others, it makes me an god damn american that has the choice of what goes into my body and the bodies of my loved ones.

UHMURIKUH, FUCK YEAH! white text for caps retention.

Comment

Only one I don't get is the flu shot. Never had the flu. I'll take my chances.

I don't have a problem getting vaccinated for something that is likely to really fuck me up and when the vaccine is very effective.

If it's a disease that I probably won't get anyway, and/or probably won't mess me up too bad if I do get it, and/or the vaccine is not extremely likely to protect me from it, I'll pass. And that's how I feel about the flu shot.

Comment

Comment

Comment

If any of you can't remember your last Tdap vaccine I'd go get one now. If you're within a year of needing one go ahead and get it. Pertussis was higher than usual last year and so far this year Tarrant County has some high numbers and we're barely halfway through. Plus, trying to get tested for it is a major hassle, because no one has experience and it requires out of the normal lab testing.

Comment

Get out of here, Matt. I don't believe your science. I believe my own, different science that is light on the science and heavy on rumor and misinterpretation.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                It makes you a gullible moron. Nothing more, and nothing less.
                Did you have any reactions after your anthrax and small pox vaccinations?

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
                  Believe it or not, I didn't. I also had vaccinations for all the hepatitis and meningitis they offer vaccines for, too. I'm not military, but they were required by my company for hazmat/body fluid cleanup. I occasionally feel shitty after a flu shot, but I'll take the bad with the good. Do you understand that your being vaccinated has more to do with herd immunity than individual immunity?
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Believe it or not, I didn't. I also had vaccinations for all the hepatitis and meningitis they offer vaccines for, too. I'm not military, but they were required by my company for hazmat/body fluid cleanup. I occasionally feel shitty after a flu shot, but I'll take the bad with the good. Do you understand that your being vaccinated has more to do with herd immunity than individual immunity?

Comment

I never did, nor did my wife or anyone I was serving with.

Comment

My arm was sore.

Comment

I didn't and with the small pox vaccine, we were in the field for another 3 weeks.
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Do you understand that your being vaccinated has more to do with herd immunity than individual immunity?
                            I don't understand your logic here. If you are responsible and get vaccinated then you are immune. If you choose not to, well that's too bad. Frankly we could use a little herd thinning aroud here.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
                              I don't understand your logic here. If you are responsible and get vaccinated then you are immune. If you choose not to, well that's too bad. Frankly we could use a little herd thinning aroud here.
                              Some people can't get vaccinated, and some vaccines don't take. Some people can, and become immunocompromised anyway. The rest of us effectively form a barrier for them. I don't care if you buy it, because I'm not selling it. It's a fact, not just a line of logic I worked out for myself.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

buuuuump

Measles Outbreak Traced Back To A Single Unvaccinated Child

June 23, 2014 | by Justine Alford

To add to the ever-growing list of examples that highlight the necessity of vaccination, a new study published in Pediatrics has demonstrated that the source of the 2011 outbreak of measles in Minnesota was an unvaccinated child that contracted the infection whilst visiting Kenya.

The 30-month-old child was born in the US but was of Somali descent, living within a Somali immigrant community in Minneapolis which has low rates of vaccination. The child presented some symptoms of disease upon returning to the US from Kenya but unfortunately passed the infection on to a member of the same household and three children in a day-care center prior to diagnosis.

The disease then spread in several settings, resulting in over 3,000 individuals being exposed. Although only 21 cases were reported, it was the largest outbreak of measles in the area for over 20 years.

According to the study, 16 out of the 21 cases were not vaccinated, 9 of whom were age-eligible for the MMR. Of these 9 individuals, 7 were not vaccinated because of safety concerns.

Over the last decade there has been a significant drop the rates of MMR vaccine coverage among Somali children living in this community; in 2004 over 91% of children were vaccinated, in 2010 this fell to just 54%. This is likely due to the misinformation spread about the MMR vaccine. Although the original paper linking this vaccine to autism has been discredited and retracted and the author was found guilty of misconduct and fraud, it seems that some ideas are difficult to shed entirely. Luckily, an aggressive response by health officials and community leaders in the area halted this outbreak before it spread even further.

The authors of the study conclude that misunderstandings about vaccine safety must be effectively addressed in order to prevent further outbreaks which are avoidable.

Measles is a highly contagious disease and no vaccine is 100% effective. Furthermore, some people cannot get vaccinations for various reasons, such as being too young or having a compromised immune system. It’s therefore very easy for just one single case to cause an outbreak in a community. But if enough people are vaccinated, the unvaccinated individuals will protect those without immunity (herd immunity) because disease transmission is interrupted. Drop below this critical number and an outbreak can easily occur, especially given the mobility of the human population and the fact that measles is still endemic in some countries.

It is also evident that many people believe that measles is not serious enough to warrant vaccination. It may therefore surprise some people to find out that, according to the CDC, 30% of cases develop one or more complications including pneumonia, ear infections or diarrhea. Around 1 in every 1,000 will develop an inflammation of the brain known as encephalitis which can lead to convulsions and may leave the child deaf or mentally retarded. Furthermore, 1 or 2 of every 1,000 children who contract measles will die.

These statistics are alarming given the fact that the US is currently experiencing a record number of measles cases; as of June 13 there have been 477 confirmed cases this year, the majority of whom were not vaccinated. This is the highest number of cases since measles elimination was declared in the US in 2000. Vaccination is important, don't listen to anecdote over peer reviewed evidence

Comment

Working...
                                X