• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine went up $12K this year. =/
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
      Yeah I am in Rockwall. They also have my shop listed as 600 square feet so I do not want to push my luck....
      I'm in Rockwall County and mine went up $20k as well. I thought about protesting it, but when I refinanced to 15 years back in Dec. my appraisal came back at about $20k above the new tax so just like you, I don't want to push it.
      www.cowlgaugeconcepts.com and on Facebook

Comment

Again, there is nothing to push and no case to prove. In a lot of these counties all you have to do is send the protest letter and there is a very good chance they will reduce your value. They are getting bombarded with protests and their first line of defense is offering you a reduction to make you go away.

What your house appraised for, what you bought it for and what other houses are selling for don't matter until you physically go down there to sit with them.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I just go in and talk to them nicely, they reduce it on the spot. The counties appraisal does not affect how much your property is actually worth, just how much they are going to tax you.

Comment

Well what the hell....

For everyone in Rockwall Co.

Comment

I had a 10% bump as well, protesting. Combined with Mansfield ISD taxes I don't need any more shit. Problem since I purchased it recently, and the appraisal is below what I paid, I doubt I have a chance.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                My mom lives over in your area. She had a huge increase and disputed it. They replied almost immediately and reduced it.
                I just purchased last year. They increased the value $125,000 this year to match closer to sales price. But, as Al said, I'll just put together a quick spreadsheet and protest online and see what happens. Since they replied so quickly to your mother's, perhaps they're just lowering here to appease.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  I just purchased last year. They increased the value $125,000 this year to match closer to sales price. But, as Al said, I'll just put together a quick spreadsheet and protest online and see what happens. Since they replied so quickly to your mother's, perhaps they're just lowering here to appease.
                  Generally the guys in Dallas are focused on squeezing another $100K out of an office building rather than dealing with a shitload of residential appraisals for what amounts to pennies in comparison.

Company wide, we are doing a ton of appeals across the country. The appraisal idiots think they are clear to just hit everyone.
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I bought my house in Keller for WAY below what houses around me were selling for.

-First year I had the taxes set at the house sale price
                    -Next year they tried to put me at 30,000 above that. I went in with a binder full of photos of chipped hardyboard, leaning fence, unpainted chimney, and lots of interior "issues" that are liveable, just ugly that I hadn't had time to fix. They reduced me down to $5,000 above the previous year

Now the homestead exemption is in place and they cannot raise my taxes more than 10% each year. But they didn't even try this year. Between Jan - Apr we keep all blinds and curtains closed at the house. If they can't look in, they can't see our improvements. Tax rate stayed flat this year.

If you are in Tarrant county, take photos. It doesn't have to be much, just go in with the photos and state "I would not be able to sell my house as it currently sits for what you are appraising it for". They adjusted mine with quickness.

Comment

Just submitted mine on efile - took 5 minutes and is pretty easy. Worst they can say is "no"....

Like BJ said, everyone needs to protest to fill up their workload to move to settle sooner.

Comment

Just filed at noon today, we'll see what happens.
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                          Just filed at noon today, we'll see what happens.
                          If you're in Dallas County and purchased last year, they will probably not reduce it from the notified value if you've used their e-file system to protest.

They have to report their "verified" sales to the state comptroller who then performs a ratio study after certification of the tax rolls. Because of this, your best bet is to file only on equal and uniform, not market value.

If they don't reduce it informally, send me a message. I can pull their equity and show you what you need to fight and tell you if there is a position for appeal.

Comment

We'll fuck, they set up an appointment with the board. Was worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                              Well what the hell....

For everyone in Rockwall Co.
                              http://eprotest.rockwallcad.com/Account/Register
                              bump did anybody have any luck with this? not just in rockwall tho

updates please

Although now it says they aint taking them anymore lol
                              WH

Comment

I sent mine in through the Hunt County website. 2 weeks later I got a call and the appraiser requested some pics of what part my house I said was "unfinished". I shot him some pics (of my closets without baseboard) and he adjusted my appraisal down about $18k. Well worth the 5 minutes invested.

Comment

Working...
                                X