Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    I never had to use a reel mower, but I feel your pain! lol
    I will say, he always kept the blades really sharp for me. That said, it was thick St. Augustine and he made me do half the blade width per pass. Which was pretty much necessary anyways. In essence it resulted in twice as many passes as needed. Not to mention I would need to pull it back about a foot or two to get enough momentum to mow about three feet. Hell, by the end of it I was really going over the yard like 2.5 times. lol

My next door neighbors (two brothers, one a year older, one a year younger than me) growing up in LA had it worse. Their dad did landscaping professionally. Not just grass cutting, but landscape design for the rich folk in Beverly Hills and the like. They had to mow their yard twice a week, and 2 directions each time. First horizontal to the street, then drop the deck one step and mow it again diagonally. Plus all of the standard edging, weeding, trimming bushes, etc.

Admittedly, their yard always looked fantastic.. Like a damn baseball field.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      I will say, he always kept the blades really sharp for me. That said, it was thick St. Augustine and he made me do half the blade width per pass. Which was pretty much necessary anyways. In essence it resulted in twice as many passes as needed. Not to mention I would need to pull it back about a foot or two to get enough momentum to mow about three feet. Hell, by the end of it I was really going over the yard like 2.5 times. lol

My next door neighbors (two brothers, one a year older, one a year younger than me) growing up in LA had it worse. Their dad did landscaping professionally. Not just grass cutting, but landscape design for the rich folk in Beverly Hills and the like. They had to mow their yard twice a week, and 2 directions each time. First horizontal to the street, then drop the deck one step and mow it again diagonally. Plus all of the standard edging, weeding, trimming bushes, etc.

Admittedly, their yard always looked fantastic.. Like a damn baseball field.

Wait... you mean we aren't supposed to mow like this? God damnit! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        dont they call that boot camp?
        Yes. They'd flip out if they learned about painting rocks
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          Wow. Anyone on here ever operate a yoyo? Basically a hand operated mower/weedeater. That was my punishment. What's funny is I learned really fast how to sharpen with a file throughout the punishment.
          Yes sir- it was a beating when they get dull.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
            Wow. Anyone on here ever operate a yoyo? Basically a hand operated mower/weedeater. That was my punishment. What's funny is I learned really fast how to sharpen with a file throughout the punishment.
            Yes, and still do sometimes. Talk about a sore shoulder when you are done.

Comment

OMFG...this guy gets it from making his son walk a mile.

We're so screwed. Damn nanny state! Once again, an activist judge making a decision based on her feelings.

LIHUE, Hawaii – A judge sentenced a Hawaii man to one year of probation and a $200 fine for making his son walk a mile home from school as a form of discipline.

Judge Kathleen Watanabe called the punishment "old-school" and no longer appropriate, the Garden Island newspaper reported Thursday.

Robert Demond of Kilauea said he picked up his son from school and asked about a matter that had been brought to his attention. When the son didn't respond, Demond made him walk home to think about his actions.

The age of the boy is unclear. Demond's attorney and a prosecutor didn't immediately respond to a request seeking comment from The Associated Press.

Demond was also ordered to attend a parenting class after being convicted of endangering the welfare of a minor, a misdemeanor. Demond pleaded no contest and said he would handle the situation differently now after the case went through two courts.

Demond told Watanabe in court on Wednesday that he didn't think the punishment was morally wrong or criminal. He said it was a common form of punishment when he was growing up.

Watanabe said times are different today, given child predators and traffic.

Demond's attorney Margaret Hanson argued Demond had no criminal history and isn't a risk to the community.

Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Gary Nelson said the punishment was inappropriate but Demond did it to teach his son a lesson, not out of anger.
              A judge sentenced a Hawaii man to one year of probation and a $200 fine for making his son walk a mile home from school as a form of discipline.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Reason # infinity +1 why I don't want to raise kids in this day and age. Can't even discipline your own brats. A judge would've had my parents in jail and me in foster care just for the yard work I had to do.

Comment

So I can get in trouble for having my boys helping me with my lawn....wtf
                  Originally posted by Da Prez
                  Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                  Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                    OMFG...this guy gets it from making his son walk a mile.

We're so screwed. Damn nanny state! Once again, an activist judge making a decision based on her feelings.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/29...cmp=latestnews

That guy needs to sue their fucking asses off. There is no way a jury will call that a good decision. Fucking bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                    X