Dad charged for forcing teen to carry landscape stone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad charged for forcing teen to carry landscape stone

DOUGLASVILLE, Ga. — Police arrested a father on child cruelty charges after the man punished his 16-year-old son by making him carry a 23-pound landscape stone for several miles.

Charlie Mayes, a 40-year-old military veteran with no criminal record, told police he used military-style punishment because his son watched too many videos and didn't do his chores and school work. Douglasville Police charged Mayes on Tuesday with first-degree child cruelty.

"This was done multiple times over a three-day period, sometimes as early as 3 o'clock in the morning," Police Sgt. Todd Garner said.

Garner said the boy, who is only 4'2" tall, was also punished in-between the 3-mile hikes.

"In between that time, he was at home having to move rocks and stuff from one side of the back yard to the other and then being taken right back out to the same location and dropped off and made to walk back again," Garner said.

A pizza delivery driver alerted police to the teen's punishment walks, one of which was captured in the background of a police dash cam video during an unrelated traffic stop.

Police have yet to make the video available, but say the father freely admitted what happened.

"He did not feel that this was inappropriate at all and neither did his wife," Garner said.

A woman who answered the door at the family's home declined to comment.

Meanwhile police alerted DFCS about the case and Mayes got out of jail on $3,500 bond Monday.

A judge ordered the father to get family counseling.
    The richest man in Babylon

dont they call that boot camp?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

poor kid is a midget

Comment

dont they call that being a dad? sweet Jesus....my old man would be under the jail if they knew 1/2 the punishments i got and 100% deserved. good job gov't, lets keep raising pussies that dont listen to authority!!!!!11 they are sure to vote Dem., because the gov't is our only savior!

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          dont they call that being a dad? sweet Jesus....my old man would be under the jail if they knew 1/2 the punishments i got and 100% deserved. good job gov't, lets keep raising pussies that dont listen to authority!
          Same here, my dad, grandpa, step dad were always on my ass. My grandapa used to wake me up at 5:30 am during the summer to go to work with him and I didn't even get paid. I asked about some pay once and he said he was teaching me a skill and I should be paying him?!
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

damm 16 and 4'2

Comment

Damn, a lot of the yard work I did as a kid would be considered cruel these days.

Comment

At least he was smart enough to drive the kid out and make him walk back. He probably should have tried taking away the TV and watching him do his homework first.

Comment

I would be screwed in that state. I make my boys move a brick pile, one brick at a time.

Comment

This country has become repulsive. Fucking pussies
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Can I rent the li bugger, I need some yard work done!

Comment

As a kid I got hit with a belt, yeah it hurt and sometimes left bruises, but I think that make me think twice when it came to stuff I could get in trouble for. Kids these days have it so easy.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Comment

23 pounds? That's it?!
                          He should have given the little shit some of this treatment to go along with it...
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            I asked about some pay once and he said he was teaching me a skill and I should be paying him?!
                            lolz

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                              23 pounds? That's it?!
                              He should have given the little shit some of this treatment to go along with it...
                              Lol, this reminds me of then I was 15, I got a fade haircut. My dad shaved my head cause he thought it looked like a "gangster haircut". And he still hit me with a belt afterwards, he didn't give a fuck how old I was.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X