• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks! Appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
      Thanks! Appreciate it.
      I kinda wanted it.

I passed on two Python boats this summer. I was in the truck headed to the bank for one and decided I wanted a big block more than I needed one.

Comment

• i guess I should sell my skis, I took them out once last year and once this year.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          i guess I should sell my skis, I took them out once last year and once this year.
          I realized last weekend when I winterized mine that one of them had 2 hours on it all year and both of them just needed to be filled with gas for the first time in 3 summers. But... cost of ownership is next to nothing, they aren't worth much at all anymore, and both run fine so back in the barn they went.

Comment

• Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
            I realized last weekend when I winterized mine that one of them had 2 hours on it all year and both of them just needed to be filled with gas for the first time in 3 summers. But... cost of ownership is next to nothing, they aren't worth much at all anymore, and both run fine so back in the barn they went.
            that's true, they dont cost me shit. I rebuilt the carbs on the slt, but havent put them back on yet. Since I aint gonna take them out anytime soon, it's not a big priority.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              that's true, they dont cost me shit. I rebuilt the carbs on the slt, but havent put them back on yet. Since I aint gonna take them out anytime soon, it's not a big priority.
              As long as they run I'll keep paying for reg/insurance and buy a battery every couple years. When all of the lakes were super empty and/or super flooded for that matter I could still sneak these on to the water and cruise. The boat not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                I miss my boat :-(

I don't, lost my left nut and broke my damn finger on that thing

actually I do miss that boat it was good times

Comment

• Lmao!

Comment

• My buddy bought a Super Air Nautique and dropped it in a slip on Granbury. He is not mechanically inclined and had never been on a boat. His deal to me was show him how and of course fix little items that pop up and I get unlimited access. Best co-ownership ever! We always owned a boat growing up but I kind of got burned out on it. I won't lie this year we went every weekend and had a blast. Surfing is fairly non impact but yeah wakeboarding can be rough. I had jet skis a few years back and it was kind of boring after a while going out by yourself.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      My buddy bought a Super Air Nautique and dropped it in a slip on Granbury. He is not mechanically inclined and had never been on a boat. His deal to me was show him how and of course fix little items that pop up and I get unlimited access. Best co-ownership ever! We always owned a boat growing up but I kind of got burned out on it. I won't lie this year we went every weekend and had a blast. Surfing is fairly non impact but yeah wakeboarding can be rough. I had jet skis a few years back and it was kind of boring after a while going out by yourself.
                      That....

That's why the Jet Fleas never get any hours lately. Now that we have kids and my folks are at the geriatric stage they don't see much use because everyone piles in the boat.

Comment

• I have an '85 Stars and Stripes MAstercraft with a 351W and its very trouble free. 5k with tandem axle trailer, cant beat it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                          I have an '85 Stars and Stripes MAstercraft with a 351W and its very trouble free. 5k with tandem axle trailer, cant beat it.
                          Pics? Love those

Comment

• Bought a 2001 Sea Ray Sundeck 240 from a friend of mine mid season, he wanted a something with a cabin, gen set, and a\c to be able to stay on overnight. He did some trading on this boat last year, and we did a bunch of work to get it the way he wanted. He made me an offer I couldn't pass up knowing the boat. Aluminum trailer (I put new tires, wheel bearings, seals, bearing buddies, led lights, and wiring for him last season), trailer got new bunks and carpet (rears are like a 4x8 beam and 2x6 front), new engine, new cockpit \ bow covers & bimini, pulled every piece of exterior hardware while the motor and drive were out and had it buffed and waxed, all new rockford speakers cockpit and tower, phoenix gold amps and sub, new snap in carpet, pair of Optima deep cycles, mounts, triple bank charger. And I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch. The interior has some wear because the boat was left to the weather prior to his getting it, but it's still quite useable. I've had the same 78 Chaparral 198 for probably 12 now and it's a nice step up.

I added a pair of Dagon transom mount lights from BoatPlugLight.com. Fast shipping, offers military discount for active and veterans, and he's out of Cleburne.

Couple plcs from last year and this 4th of July

The lights. For as well as they do in the dirty waters of Texoma we have, they'd be amazing in clear water.

Last edited by shumpertdavid; 10-14-2016, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• My 78 needed another trailer under it, the tubing was in poor shape on the old one, so I picked up a c channel trailer a couple years ago to fit to it. The outer bunk mounts would fit the boat ok, but the inners were way off so I cut all the brackets for the inners off, made new bunks from treated 2x6, new carpet, put new centering style rollers in, flipped the axles to drop the trailer, raised the fenders, replaced the fender boards and carpet, and modified the bow stop to work better for my application. Also gave the boat a much needed buff from the rub rail to the keel.

Comment

Working...
                                X